Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Terrorism in America

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:19 PM
  • 10 Replies

Hi,

Is it just me or is anybody else fuming over the recent terrorist attacks that are not getting Media coverage?

Example #1 - Why in the world would we want to prosecute the mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in New York City of all places?

Example #2 - The Fort Hood Terrorist attack - Obama just about choked to death when he was forced to even call it "an act of violence." How, can this be labeled an act of violence, when there is proof of 10 to 20 e-mails between Major Nidal Malik Hasan and a radical imam in Yemen that were completely ignored?

Example #3 - The "Crotch Bomber's" father tried to inform the special forces, "that his son had gone off the Radical Islam radar and was ready to explode (pun intended)."

When will we stop trying to be son dog goned politically correct by searching an 80 year old woman and letting an obvious Muslim or Islamic (on the watch-list) go through customs untouched?

Are we so afraid to be called biased that we'd rather be dead????

Carol

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:19 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kristin2008
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Don't you know we can't offend the terrorists...hell they have more rights than we do!

stormcris
by Christy on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:27 PM

Because the politics of war is a chess match with rules that the general public is not allowed to know about.

tericared
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 9:58 PM

Why not?

Example #1 - Why in the world would we want to prosecute the mastermind Khalid Sheikh Mohammed in New York City of all places?

Mandipants
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:00 PM

These events didn't get media coverage? In which world?

tericared
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Quoting Mandipants:

In her world.....

muslimah
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 8:04 AM

Quoting tericared:

Quoting Mandipants:

In her world.....

She must be in world of her own because the only thing I watch on T.V. is the news. I even sleep to the news on top of the at least 5 hours a day I watch it and these stories are all over the place. Matter of fact that is almost the only news you see right now.

Raintree
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 8:43 AM

Quoting Focus2me:

Hi,

Is it just me or is anybody else fuming over the recent terrorist attacks that are not getting Media coverage?

Example #2 - The Fort Hood Terrorist attack - Obama just about choked to death when he was forced to even call it "an act of violence." How, can this be labeled an act of violence, when there is proof of 10 to 20 e-mails between Major Nidal Malik Hasan and a radical imam in Yemen that were completely ignored?

Example #3 - The "Crotch Bomber's" father tried to inform the special forces, "that his son had gone off the Radical Islam radar and was ready to explode (pun intended)."

When will we stop trying to be son dog goned politically correct by searching an 80 year old woman and letting an obvious Muslim or Islamic (on the watch-list) go through customs untouched?

Well, first of all- how did you come by your knowledge of these examples if they weren't covered. What blather! They were/are covered. Extensively. Where have you been?

My question to you would be- are you so afraid to be dead that you'd rather give up your liberty?

girlsclubmom
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 10:37 AM

I agree with the post.

Although there has been some coverage. I do not think the it is what it should be for the real threat that is out there and the seriousness of these events the poster mentioned. There was more coverage of the Balloon boy then this, 

Della529
by on Jan. 4, 2010 at 10:44 AM

eye rolling

diospira
by Bronze Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 12:01 PM

Quoting Raintree:

Quoting Focus2me:

Hi,

Well, first of all- how did you come by your knowledge of these examples if they weren't covered. What blather! They were/are covered. Extensively. Where have you been?

My question to you would be- are you so afraid to be dead that you'd rather give up your liberty?

This.

How can you be safe if youre not free

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)