Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Could you give up your child?

Posted by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:04 PM
  • 41 Replies

It is often said that parents would do anything for their child.

Would you risk being arrested to have your child born in a place where they could have a better life and then give up that child so that can be fulfilled?

by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
iwmoln2120
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:09 PM

i have a simple answer to that yes i would risk getting arrested so my child could have a fighting chance at life

SurvivingMommy
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:09 PM

My guess is that you are talking about illegal immigration. If I am correct, then yes.  If I lived in a country that did not have the same freedoms as America does, and I as a mother felt America (or another country) would be best for my child, I would risk my life, my freedom and everything for my child and if I was caught and sent back to my home country.. I would put that baby up for adoption here in America so that they wouldn't live the lifestyle I would be forced to live...

Luckily I don't have to make that choice.. My family has been in good ol' America since the 1400's (before it was America). There are some women that have to make the choice and there are women that must do it every day and I personally think that EVERYONE should be welcomed into our country not matter how much or little they know about the country. I do think they should go about it legally if possible, but we are the land of the FREE.. so why are we oppressing so many by sending them away, back to the country and life they fled. Isn't that what most of the "original" American's did ??

iwmoln2120
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:13 PM

Quoting SurvivingMommy:

My guess is that you are talking about illegal immigration. If I am correct, then yes.  If I lived in a country that did not have the same freedoms as America does, and I as a mother felt America (or another country) would be best for my child, I would risk my life, my freedom and everything for my child and if I was caught and sent back to my home country.. I would put that baby up for adoption here in America so that they wouldn't live the lifestyle I would be forced to live...

Luckily I don't have to make that choice.. My family has been in good ol' America since the 1400's (before it was America). There are some women that have to make the choice and there are women that must do it every day and I personally think that EVERYONE should be welcomed into our country not matter how much or little they know about the country. I do think they should go about it legally if possible, but we are the land of the FREE.. so why are we oppressing so many by sending them away, back to the country and life they fled. Isn't that what most of the "original" American's did ??

AMEN MAMA

babie113
by Silver Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:17 PM

yes i would

2boys2love79
by Bronze Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:23 PM

I doubt it.  I might say I could, but if it came right down to it, I don't think I could bear to part with my children.  I want them to have the best and all that, but maybe I AM the best for them.

"Seems to me, I'm exactly where I dreamt I would be.  And the view from here is something to see..."

Missmuffets
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:25 PM

Quoting 2boys2love79:

I doubt it.  I might say I could, but if it came right down to it, I don't think I could bear to part with my children.  I want them to have the best and all that, but maybe I AM the best for them.

This!

tericared
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 10:44 PM

It would depend on where I was compaired to where I was going....... 

kanalee
by on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:39 PM

No

Peace,
Kana

GoodMomma24-7
by Member on Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:41 PM

I'm afraid I woudn't even get pregnant if I had to live someplace where a child couldn't have a safe or happy life.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 4, 2010 at 1:12 PM

I must be confused by the question or something, so I'll just throw this out. If you can't provide for your children, why would you have them and ASSUME someone else will take care of them? 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)