Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Email and your SO

Posted by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:12 PM
  • 44 Replies

So do you keep them private from eachother or have eachothers passwords...

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics
             Group Mod

by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KairisMama
by Bronze Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:16 PM

We have nothing to keep from one another. Our e-mail passwords and facebook passwords are the EXACT same. We have one general password we use for most online sites we are registered for.

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:34 PM

My hubby does not use the computer, he hates it.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:34 PM

email, snail mail, etc.......everyone needs privacy in their lives. i think i might know his passwords...he's pretty simple, and i could guess between a couple things as to what it would be. if he paid attention, he knows mine. my kids know my passwords to everything. we really have no need for secrets, but everyone has a need for privacy.

TikkiNippets
by Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:35 PM

we have nothing to hide from each other we share our email passwords so that say I cant see my email and want to know whats in It I ask him to check for me.

Talee
by Gold Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Quoting EireLass:

email, snail mail, etc.......everyone needs privacy in their lives. i think i might know his passwords...he's pretty simple, and i could guess between a couple things as to what it would be. if he paid attention, he knows mine. my kids know my passwords to everything. we really have no need for secrets, but everyone has a need for privacy.

I am feeling this way too...my BF and I live together, hes been hinting about sharing passwords to everything...I like my privacy. Sometimes I talk about him to my sister through email...my private thoughts are on there...kwim?

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics
             Group Mod

jc7981
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:48 PM

We know each others passwords. Most of the time we discuss our emails with each other. Why hide something from my best friend who has already made it clear he is going to be with me forever.

The only time I ever kept him from my email was when I had made hotel reservations online and they had sent me my email confirmation. I was honest with him and told him I had a surprise for him for his birthday and would rather he was not in the room when I checked my email because I wanted it to be a surprise. He totally respected my wishes and was glad when he got his surprise that he hadn't looked.

Other than that we trust each other completely and we rarely check each other's emails because we have no fear.

BigOlMommy
by Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:51 PM

We actually share an email account. Also facebook & myspace accounts. He has my passwords to CM & other sites I'm on, too. He never checks, but knows he can if he ever felt the need. That way there are no questions, no wondering, no secrets. We always keep everything out in the open & this works for us. Our friends think we are both insecure, but it's just that there is nothing to worry about & we both want each other to feel comfortable knowing that.

leswen
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:52 PM

I don't know his password, but he would give it to me if I asked.  He doesn't need a password to get to my email, so long as he's using my computer.  But his mom has to email me to tell me to tell him to check his email, so I'm not terribly concerned with him either hiding stuff from me, or snooping in mine.  We trust each other, simple as that.

Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:53 PM

I know DH's passwords for everything and he knows mine if he remembers but we respect each others privacy.  

kyco363
by on Jan. 18, 2010 at 12:55 PM

Ours are not private, but I don't check his and vice versa. If he wanted to he could... but, it's all school stuff, or emails from my family. His is all work... blah, boring!!!!! We both have the same passwords... but I feel to volition to check his boring emails :]

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)