• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Football season... gonna order some pizza?

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:54 AM
  • 19 Replies

I hate people. My husband delivers pizza and I can't believe the jerks out there. These assholes placed an order worth $390. That's a lot of pizza to carry and it's pouring rain right now here in Baltimore. Because their team lost the game, they didn't tip him. Can you believe that? I worked with my husband at one of our friend's pizza stores before and I had seen orders that large go out, that is a lot of pizza. Think about it, 1 large pizza is roughly $10. It is several trips back and forth to carry it all to the car. Not to mention the craziness in making the pizza, which wasn't my job but everyone had to pitch in to get it all done.

Maybe I'm making too big of a deal out of this, maybe it's not even about the pizza or the tip. It's about a lack of common courtesy among people. If you have $400 to spend on pizza, you can afford to tip the delievery guy $10 or $20 at least. I just hate the idea of my husband out there working his ass off for shit when he is qualified for a much higher paying job but can't find work.

Anyway, please people, if you order pizza for delivery, especially a huge one or in really crappy weather, please tip the driver. They don't make much per hour and rely on tips. It is beneficial to both parties because you just don't know what those cooks will do to your food next time you order. Those jerks are lucky my husband wouldn't do that.

Have a nice night. Maybe I should go to bed...

angry

Mrs. Khan

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 1:54 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
rotPferd
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:30 AM

I delivered for Dominos in the 80's and 90's (family franchise) I used to make enough to fill my gas tank, pay the babysitter and have some left over with just tips and commission. Now driver's don't make squat anymore. My last big delivery was to a small racetrack and they tipped me $67 bucks. I always tip $3 or more depending on the size of the order. To those who don't want to tip, go pick it up yourselves!

"Oh come on! Am I talking to myself here? I say they're vegetarian. You say GRR. I say can we talk about this? You say GRR. I don't call that communication." GRRR! "See, that's your answer to everything." --- Sid

mrs_khan07
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:44 AM

Quoting rotPferd:

I delivered for Dominos in the 80's and 90's (family franchise) I used to make enough to fill my gas tank, pay the babysitter and have some left over with just tips and commission. Now driver's don't make squat anymore. My last big delivery was to a small racetrack and they tipped me $67 bucks. I always tip $3 or more depending on the size of the order. To those who don't want to tip, go pick it up yourselves!

Thank you! That's what I'm saying! My husband delivers in a college town so when school is in he makes decent money, sometimes up to $100 or more a night in just tips and that's great. But when it's slow, it's really slow. Our rent alone is over $1,000 a month, car payment $500, etc... at the end of the night a $3 tip makes a difference.

Mrs. Khan

tericared
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:47 PM

Wow that was really rude.......Our local Domino's adds on to your bill for delivery here...I dont know if it goes to the driver or not.... 

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics

Group Mod

rotPferd
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Quoting tericared:

Wow that was really rude.......Our local Domino's adds on to your bill for delivery here...I dont know if it goes to the driver or not.... 

They have changed the commission from per pizza to per delivery to per mile. I've heard that the drivers don't get that add-on, at least not at pizza hut.

"Oh come on! Am I talking to myself here? I say they're vegetarian. You say GRR. I say can we talk about this? You say GRR. I don't call that communication." GRRR! "See, that's your answer to everything." --- Sid

tericared
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Quoting rotPferd:

Quoting tericared:

They have changed the commission from per pizza to per delivery to per mile. I've heard that the drivers don't get that add-on, at least not at pizza hut.

I was really surprised...I had stopped at the dollar store and decide to go next door and order a pizza to be delivered later that evening....She assumed I was making the order to take with me and I told her I wanted it delivered later she added 6 bucks on the bill...That was for one pizza about 5 to 7 miles away...I waited for the pizza....

Join us on

Group Mod

mrs_khan07
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Quoting rotPferd:

Quoting tericared:

My husband does get a small commision, not sure how much exactly. He works at his friend's Pizza Boli's franchise. It certainly doesn't cover gas though. He said he spends about $700 per month just on gas. Plus he has to get an oil change every few weeks. Not kidding, he's doing it right now. But thanks to the nice people who DO tip we are able to pay our bills. I guess I shouldn't complain too much about one jerk, most of the time he delivers to drunk college kids who give way bigger tips than they probably would sober. I think where you deliver makes a big difference. College towns are the best.

Mrs. Khan

rotPferd
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:20 PM

she added 6 bucks on the bill

That's outrageous!

tericared
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:22 PM

Quoting mrs_khan07:

Quoting rotPferd:

Quoting tericared:

My husband does get a small commision, not sure how much exactly. He works at his friend's Pizza Boli's franchise. It certainly doesn't cover gas though. He said he spends about $700 per month just on gas. Plus he has to get an oil change every few weeks. Not kidding, he's doing it right now. But thanks to the nice people who DO tip we are able to pay our bills. I guess I shouldn't complain too much about one jerk, most of the time he delivers to drunk college kids who give way bigger tips than they probably would sober. I think where you deliver makes a big difference. College towns are the best.

muslimah and I have had a few chats about people and tipping.....I will not go somewhere to eat or order a pizza unless I have enough to tip.....It not only is rude to not tip it is wrong......Now if I get just nasty... bad service  I will leave like one dollar...But other wise  I think if you get good service, at the table or at the door you should tip....

Join us on

Group Mod

tericared
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:23 PM

Quoting rotPferd:

she added 6 bucks on the bill

That's outrageous!

yes  I agree....I wont order a delivery from there again.....

Join us on

Group Mod

mamadixon
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:36 PM

Quoting tericared:

Quoting mrs_khan07:

Quoting rotPferd:

Quoting tericared:

muslimah and I have had a few chats about people and tipping.....I will not go somewhere to eat or order a pizza unless I have enough to tip.....It not only is rude to not tip it is wrong......Now if I get just nasty... bad service  I will leave like one dollar...But other wise  I think if you get good service, at the table or at the door you should tip....

I agree, though I do occasionally omit the tip if service is terrible. If service is great I have been known to tip 50%. However we do not eat out very often so the extra expense is not a big deal...and it can sure make a waitress/waiter or pizza delivery persons' day.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)