• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just a friendly reminder to...

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:56 PM
  • 30 Replies

neuter your pets!!! Too many homeless animals out there!

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics
             Group Mod

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Arroree
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 12:58 PM

All of our pets are boys so i dont think we have too much to worry about :) Unless our guinea pig manages to get his stuffed pumpkin toy preggers lol.

ddbz
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:44 PM

Quoting Arroree:

All of our pets are boys so i dont think we have too much to worry about :) Unless our guinea pig manages to get his stuffed pumpkin toy preggers lol.

As long as those pets aren't dogs or cats ...

angel-s-cort
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:48 PM

genocide is wrong on any level with any LIFE!

{heeheehee} just goofing off.laughing

ddbz
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:51 PM

Quoting angel-s-cort:

genocide is wrong on any level with any LIFE!

{heeheehee} just goofing off.laughing

You totally nailed me!

Malapertinent
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:53 PM

My pets, er, I mean children are not of child bearing age, excluding 1.  Had him neutered years ago!

smalltowngal
by Platinum Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 2:56 PM

My neighbor feeds stray cats out of her barn. My DH and I have offered to live catch them so they can be fixed and release them back to her barn but she declined saying she likes to have kittens around. Most of the kittens die from illness or being food for the surrounding predators. :(

Talee
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:04 PM

Quoting smalltowngal:

My neighbor feeds stray cats out of her barn. My DH and I have offered to live catch them so they can be fixed and release them back to her barn but she declined saying she likes to have kittens around. Most of the kittens die from illness or being food for the surrounding predators. :(

=( that stinks....sometimes older folks don't quite get it (if shes older, I am guessing)

I just found out who has been feeding the feral kitties in my neighborhood...there is an organization that will trap/neuter/release back to the neighborhood as long as someone feeds and waters them...at least it breaks the cycle...I am going to ask her if she will be willing to feed them forever...

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics
             Group Mod

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Quoting ddbz:

Quoting Arroree:

As long as those pets aren't dogs or cats ...

Nah, just a lovebird and 2 guinea pigs. We nuetered all the cats we had before we found them good homes.

When i was a teen we lived in an area with a huge population of stray cats. My mom started catching and taming any female she saw was pregnant and as soon as the kittens were born and weaned she would take the mama kitty in to get fixed, then when the kittens were old enough she did the same for them. The local vet helped her out and helped her find homes for all the kittens. Within 2 years there were no more stray cats in the area. Its amazing how easy it is to control the overpopulation of cats and dogs when people actually go out of their way to try.

Vincent 4-25-07, Dante 5-20-08

tericared
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:37 PM

bump....

hsteele
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 5:48 PM

Our dog is going in to get spayed in a couple weeks. She's 7 months. We have a kitten, about 5months  that we were told was boy. As soon as we all found out she was a girl, she decided her secret was out and she could now go into heat. She will be going in to be spayed the same day as the dog.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)