Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obviously they don't want us there...

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:27 PM
  • 7 Replies

So why are we still pushing this..

Japanese Voters Back Anti-US Base Mayoral Candidate

The Pentagon’s plans to open another military base on the Japanese island of Okinawa has been dealt a setback. Voters in the city of Nago have elected a mayor who campaigned on a promise to oppose the base. The US has more than 47,000 troops in Japan; half of them are in Okinawa.

Heather
The Witchy Momma

Rise up this morning, smile at the rising sun; Three little birds, pitch by my doorstep; Singing sweet songs, a melody pure and true; Singing, this is my message to you-ou-ou; Singing Don't worry, about a thing; Cause every little thing is gonna be alright.

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:27 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
hsteele
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:28 PM

Sorry, here's the link to the source. http://www.democracynow.org/2010/1/25/headlines#12

Heather
The Witchy Momma

Rise up this morning, smile at the rising sun; Three little birds, pitch by my doorstep; Singing sweet songs, a melody pure and true; Singing, this is my message to you-ou-ou; Singing Don't worry, about a thing; Cause every little thing is gonna be alright.

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:31 PM

We need to leave them alone. Why would we put another base there anyway, what would be the point other than to try to show some sort of military bullying. The whole thing is ridiculous.

MADMomma1975
by Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:38 PM

We're still pushing it because the men in charge are egotistical bullies!  For some reason, we have to stick our noses in everyone else's business; but we have forgotten to clean up our own messes first.  I'm so tired of this country not taking care of her own people before nosing around the rest of the world - trying to convince the rest of the world that we are better than them!  What a bunch of CRAP!!

Susan0805
by Silver Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:43 PM

Thats just it...there must be a point if we want to put a base there. I'm sure the us government isnt like..humm...lets see who we can make mad today. We have bases in key locations throughout the world, some are there to help a country from destroying itself (example korea) others are there because they help us care for our wounded in combat (ex. Germany has a big military hospital that we can send troops to for treatment, and before we send them home (not that its its only purpose) There are many reasons why we have bases.... some are needed for refeuling missions, training bases, optimum locations, etc. I'm certain that we will not just invade Japan without their permission. In addition do you think we are the only "military Members" in america? We do not have another countries base but we do have squadrons/units/ and groups of military members from other countries. It is in the best interest of the world if we all work toether for a common cause (to ensure freedom for everyone)

Quoting Arroree:

We need to leave them alone. Why would we put another base there anyway, what would be the point other than to try to show some sort of military bullying. The whole thing is ridiculous.

______________________________________________________________________________________

My Life:

hsteele
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:52 PM

We already have a base actually bases on the tiny island of Okinawa, not to mention several in the rest of Japan. Besides taking up valuable real estate on the island, the US presence increases crime, and pollution. Japan has an extremely low crimerate except for the American military.

Quoting Susan0805:

Thats just it...there must be a point if we want to put a base there. I'm sure the us government isnt like..humm...lets see who we can make mad today. We have bases in key locations throughout the world, some are there to help a country from destroying itself (example korea) others are there because they help us care for our wounded in combat (ex. Germany has a big military hospital that we can send troops to for treatment, and before we send them home (not that its its only purpose) There are many reasons why we have bases.... some are needed for refeuling missions, training bases, optimum locations, etc. I'm certain that we will not just invade Japan without their permission. In addition do you think we are the only "military Members" in america? We do not have another countries base but we do have squadrons/units/ and groups of military members from other countries. It is in the best interest of the world if we all work toether for a common cause (to ensure freedom for everyone)

Quoting Arroree:

Heather
The Witchy Momma

tericared
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:53 PM

Quoting Arroree:

I agree...We dont need to be every where flexing our muscles....

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics

Group Mod

lizzybugsmomma
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 6:36 PM

• Quote:

• hsteele
  • by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 4:52 PM
  • We already have a base actually bases on the tiny island of Okinawa, not to mention several in the rest of Japan. Besides taking up valuable real estate on the island, the US presence increases crime, and pollution. Japan has an extremely low crimerate except for the American military.

• I really agree with you on this point..   I think it is the reason they don't want us there, more than any other reason.

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)