• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How do you know....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:56 PM
  • 28 Replies

How do you know whether it is time to continue fighting & holding on to something, or whether it is time to let go?

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics
              Group Mod

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 8:56 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katy_kay
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:43 PM

when you reach the point that you realize what you are fighting so hard to hold on to isn't going to bring you the peace you deserve. 

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:47 PM

If you love something, set it in a small cage and love it and pester it and smother it with love until it loves you back or dies.

JoshiRachelsMom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:52 PM

Quoting LancesMom:

How do you know whether it is time to continue fighting & holding on to something, or whether it is time to let go?

I am so very there with this statement right now. SO and I have been together for 5 years. A few weeks ago he told me that he didn't love me anymore at least not the way he should be loving me. Well that was hard to take, yet he still calls and wants to be friends.

It's the most intense and deep relationship that Ive ever had and we were on the same page on about 90% of things. Some of you know that there is an age difference (Yesss I am the cougar) and I can attribute some of our problems to the age gap - but it's not to blame for everything.

I've been so twisted these last few weeks not knowing what to do.

Anyways sorry to hijack the OP. I needed to vent.

tericared
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Quoting LauraKW:

If you love something, set it in a small cage and love it and pester it and smother it with love until it loves you back or dies.

Sorry but I am laughing my butt off....

Join us on

Group Mod

AMom29
by Gold Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Quoting JoshiRachelsMom:

Quoting LancesMom:

I am so very there with this statement right now. SO and I have been together for 5 years. A few weeks ago he told me that he didn't love me anymore at least not the way he should be loving me. Well that was hard to take, yet he still calls and wants to be friends.

It's the most intense and deep relationship that Ive ever had and we were on the same page on about 90% of things. Some of you know that there is an age difference (Yesss I am the cougar) and I can attribute some of our problems to the age gap - but it's not to blame for everything.

Aw, Hon, I'm sorry.  {{Hugs}}

tericared
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Quoting JoshiRachelsMom:

Quoting LancesMom:

I am so sorry...that must have been very hard to hear....

Join us on

Group Mod

JoshiRachelsMom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:11 PM

Quoting tericared:

Quoting JoshiRachelsMom:

Quoting LancesMom:

I am so sorry...that must have been very hard to hear....

It was hard to hear, and still hurts to remember.

JoshiRachelsMom
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:12 PM

Quoting LauraKW:

Hmm, perhaps I should attempt it lol.................big smile mini

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:30 PM

Quoting JoshiRachelsMom:

Quoting LancesMom:

I am so sorry you are going through this .  (((((Hugs)))))  Stay strong mama.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

katy_kay
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:36 PM

Quoting JoshiRachelsMom:

Quoting LancesMom:

I'm sorry you are going through that, it is horrible and it is very difficult with the person you love does this to you. 

If I could offer some advice to you, as I went through something like this years ago, for your sake take the clean break for awhile.  A man I loved with everything I had did this same type of thing, he didn't love me but he wouldn't just make the break.  He wanted to be my 'friend' and it was agonizing.  I loved him so much I believed we could make it work and by allowing him to set the 'rules' he was able to hold on to me and keep me from moving forward while he lived his life carefree. 

I let him do this for years (yes years!)  I wasted so much time.  You deserve better. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)