Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What is the difference....

Posted by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:17 PM
  • 8 Replies

What is the difference between your soul and your spirit?

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics
              Group Mod

by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:17 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
2boys2love79
by Bronze Member on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:21 PM

I don't really believe in any of those things as some sort of physical manifestation.  I guess metaphorically speaking, they could be considered the same.  Hmmm, interesting question.

tericared
by on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:30 PM

I dont think their is a difference...

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jan. 25, 2010 at 9:36 PM

Quoting LancesMom:

What is the difference between your soul and your spirit?

I think they are the same thing.

Joqui
by Joqui on Jan. 25, 2010 at 10:35 PM

well one is named kathy and the other carmela... oh wait, those are my imaginary friends.. :)

in other words, I don't know.. I didn't know there was a difference?

survivorinohio
by René on Jan. 25, 2010 at 11:00 PM

I dont think there is a difference either.

How far you go in life depends on your being: tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong.  Because someday in life you would have been one or all of these.  GeorgeWashingtonCarver

Clairwil
by Ruby Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:22 PM

I don't have a soul.

I do have a spirit, in the same way that a painting or an age may have one.  Not supernatural, but a sense of me, an essense, that may be grasped, that may change over time, that may wax or wane.

Gretchen2876
by Silver Member on Jan. 26, 2010 at 12:38 PM

Quoting tericared:

I dont think their is a difference...

Your mind is like an umbrella in the rain, if it's open, it works. If it's closed..............

darkeyedmom
by on Jan. 26, 2010 at 2:49 PM

Soul

1. 1the immaterial essence, animating principle, or actuating cause of an individual life
2 a. 2 athe spiritual principle embodied in human beings, all rational and spiritual beings, or the universeb. bcapitalizedChristian Sciencegod
3. 3a person's total self
4 a. 4 aan active or essential partb. ba moving spirit : leader
5 a. 5 athe moral and emotional nature of human beingsb. bthe quality that arouses emotion and sentimentc. cspiritual or moral force : fervor
6. 6person - not a in sight
7. 7personification - she is the of integrity
8 a. 8 aa strong positive feeling (as of intense sensitivity and emotional fervor) conveyed especially by black American performersb. bnegritudec. csoul musicd. dsoul foode. esoul brother

Spirit

1. 1an animating or vital principle held to give life to physical organisms
2. 2 : a supernatural being or essence: asa. acapitalizedholy spiritb. bsoul c. can often malevolent being that is bodiless but can become visiblespecificallyghost d. da malevolent being that enters and possesses a human being
3. 3temper or disposition of mind or outlook especially when vigorous or animated - in high s
4. 4the immaterial intelligent or sentient part of a person
5 a. 5 athe activating or essential principle influencing a person - acted in a of helpfulnessb. ban inclination, impulse, or tendency of a specified kind : mood
6 a. 6 aa special attitude or frame of mind - the money-making was for a time driven back - J. A. Froudeb. bthe feeling, quality, or disposition characterizing something - undertaken in a of fun
7. 7a lively or brisk quality in a person or a person's actions
8. 8a person having a character or disposition of a specified nature
9. 9a mental disposition characterized by firmness or assertiveness - denied the charge with
10 a. 10 a : distillate (1). (1)the liquid containing ethanol and water that is distilled from an alcoholic liquid or mash - often used in plural(2). (2)any of various volatile liquids obtained by distillation or cracking (as of petroleum, shale, or wood) - often used in plural b. ba usually volatile organic solvent (as an alcohol, ester, or hydrocarbon)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)