Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Conservatives to Go "On Offense" Against Media, Professors

Posted by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:44 AM
  • 17 Replies

CPAC Convention, Washington -- The distrust which conservatives have of the federal government extends to mainstream media and academia, and their media champion Andrew Breitbart said Saturday it's time for conservatives to "go on offense" against "elitists."

"Mainstream media, the gig is up," Breitbart said at the Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington (shown in the center of the picture at left, at an Oct. 2009 press conference). "You're not on our team. You're not on the American team. You're on the progressive team. We tried to play nice with you, and nice is over.

"Much of the conservative movement finds itself on defense. Sometimes we win the game, but we're hopelessly on defense," Breitbart said. "Why don't we go on offense? That's what we did."

Breitbart, who runs Web sites like Breitbart.com and BigGovernment.com, published the videos produced by young conservatives James O'Keefe and Hannah Giles, in which they posed as a pimp and prostitute to expose misconduct from the activst group ACORN.

O'Keefe's second attempt at exposing some kind of corruption ended in his arrest on federal charges of tampering with the phones at a Democratic Senator's office. He and Giles are nevetheless creating a great deal of buzz at CPAC and were honored at XPAC, a CPAC event aimed at young people, with the "1st Annual XPAC Award for Impact."

Breitbart said that conservatives have plans to use the same tactics against university professors.

"Yes, we do have video cameras on professors, and we're going to use them against you," he said. "This multicultural crap you instill in our kids the second they get into college ... so you can get votes every election cycle, that's ending right now."

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02/20/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry6226242.shtml

by on Feb. 20, 2010 at 11:44 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
JenE4
by Silver Member on Feb. 21, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Professors are getting votes every election cycle? Granted, Obama was a Constitutional Law professor, but, um, what other professors are trying to get votes? This goes hand-in-hand with that article someone posted the other day about a Republican senator wanting to cut mandatory 12th grade. "Educated" people are more commonly liberal, so dumb-down the "real Americans"? I might be a college-educated liberal, but a "liberal arts education" doesn't mean they preach "liberal politics." I didn't become a liberal until many years after college. Personally, I would be REALLY offended if I were a conservative that their own party is pushing an "anti-education agenda" because they equate being well-educated with "the liberal elite." Way to push the "dumb redneck Republican" stereotype! (rolleyes)

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2010 at 3:55 PM

Quoting Pepperlynns:

"Yes, we do have video cameras on professors, and we're going to use them against you," he said. "This multicultural crap you instill in our kids the second they get into college ... so you can get votes every election cycle, that's ending right now."

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/02/20/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry6226242.shtml

Im not sure exactly what hes trying to say with this......

Vincent 4-25-07, Dante 5-20-08

tericared
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 4:17 PM

WOW Are they serious?

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Feb. 21, 2010 at 4:49 PM

Quoting tericared:

WOW Are they serious?

Im going to take it the way it comes off and say they think that being accepting of other cultures is crap and that we shouldnt instill it in our kids or allow it to be instilled in our kids. After all being xenophobic is the way to go right.......................right??

No matter how you look at it that line comes off as extremely racist and xenophobic. There isnt any good to be taken out of it.

Vincent 4-25-07, Dante 5-20-08

tericared
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 5:17 PM

Quoting Arroree:

Quoting tericared:

WOW Are they serious?

Im going to take it the way it comes off and say they think that being accepting of other cultures is crap and that we shouldnt instill it in our kids or allow it to be instilled in our kids. After all being xenophobic is the way to go right.......................right??

No matter how you look at it that line comes off as extremely racist and xenophobic. There isnt any good to be taken out of it.

yep  I so agree.....

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics

Group Mod

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Feb. 21, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Quoting Pepperlynns:

Unless these people are Native American, I'd like to know how they AREN'T multi-cultural.  I'm pretty sure "white" isn't indigenous to this part of the world.

Mandipants
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 6:09 PM

Quoting Arroree:

Quoting Pepperlynns:

Im not sure exactly what hes trying to say with this......

I'm pretty sure I know what they are trying to say... and it's abhorrent.

Plus, I guess these particular conservatives haven't figured out that people CAN think for themselves. In fact, it hurts the cause to have free thinking individuals...

tericared
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 6:12 PM

What............ people think for them selves?

Mandipants
by on Feb. 21, 2010 at 6:14 PM

Quoting tericared:

Yeah. In college even. It's hard to fathom...

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Feb. 21, 2010 at 6:18 PM

Quoting Mandipants:

Quoting tericared:

Yeah. In college even. It's hard to fathom...

I don't think any of the professors I ever had would give a rat's a$$ about having cameras on them.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)