• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Pope-appointed bishop accused of ritually beating orphaned children

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:25 AM
  • 3 Replies

Source: The Raw Story

The child abuse scandal rocking the Vatican grew yet again Wednesday when former children in a German orphanage submitted written statements that a German bishop habitually beat them.

The Bishop of Augsburg, Walter Mixa, was a controversial conservative churchman appointed by Pope Benedict in 2005 and has been called his friend.

According to the statement, Mixa used to hit and degrade the children repeatedly during sessions of punishment at the Catholic orphanage. Among other details, Mixa is accused of using a carpet beater on the bare behinds of victims as he screamed: 'Satan is in you and I must drive him out.'

A controversial figure in the Catholic church, Mixa previously explained that the liberation movement deserved a 'significant' part of the blame for pedophilia scandals in the church.

Read more: http://rawstory.com/rs/2010/0331/popeappointed-bishop-a... /

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:25 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-3):
Arroree
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 2:55 AM

No big surprise there. One of the main reasons that orphanages were shut down here in the US is because of the high levels of abuse and neglect going on in them and yes that includes the religious run orphanages.

Vincent 4-25-07, Dante 5-20-08

WImom2
by Silver Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:54 AM

I think we should just elect you pope.

SxyMartini
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 12:21 PM

who?

Quoting WImom2:

I think we should just elect you pope.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)