Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Where you a bully or where you bullied?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:47 PM
  • 13 Replies

Poll

Question: What role did you play in school?

Options:

I was a bully

I was bullied

I stayed on the sidelines

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 21

View Results

The Mass. bullying case has caught my attention.  What do you think can be done about bullying in school?

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 1:47 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
EireLass
by Ruby Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:13 PM

I was a bully through grade 6. Then I came to my senses. Bullying is an attempt to gain control. This is when the bully feels that somewhere or everywhere in his/her life, they have no control. Not control of themselves....control in their life, their environment. When I had kids, I had alot of control within our home....very stable. As my kids were growing (as early as toddler age) I taught them about control. Every action has a reaction....sometimes good, sometimes not, but it's all within their control. They've never bullied anyone. And it was a topic of discussion in our home. They're adults now.

Kalebs_mommy23
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:25 PM

I didin't vote because I was both. I was never really really mean but I have bullied. and I was bullied all through 2nd grade. 

Joqui
by Joqui on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:33 PM

I've always been neutral about things.. I never picked on anyone and no one picked on me.. the few times I had problems with people it always ended with us getting along in the end ...

SxyMartini
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:46 PM

<Uber nerd 

katy_kay
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:52 PM

I had a few situations where I was bullied but it really didn't have much of an impact on me.  I thought it was funny most of the time because the people doing it were so ridiculous. 

anxiousschk
by anxiouss on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:12 PM

You can be both.

I was.  I bullied to save myself...to make others targets of the bullies, to be meaner than those coming after me.  *You* can't get me if I can get you worse, faster. 

There were people I avoided like the plague...just the sight of them made my stomach churn.  Whole families of mean kids. 

Ugh. 

The bus would be where I bullied for survival.  It was like Darwinism at it's finest.  You figure out what you have to do to survive. 

Nothing pretty, and I knew what I was doing even then...as young as 5th grade. 

Trishintraining
by Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:40 AM

I was bullied. It was worst in junior high and early high school. It got better as our class sizes got bigger.

hsteele
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 12:50 AM

I was emotionally bullied not physically. I would cry which me a very nice target.

fnpdocgrrl
by Boudica on Apr. 2, 2010 at 4:07 AM

I got beaten up every year from 5th-9th grade.  Needless to say, today I don't take shit from anyone.

athenax3
by on Apr. 2, 2010 at 7:45 AM

I was the only caucasian in an extremely poor neighborhood and school - I also happened to be painfully thin, sexually non-descript and academically gifted - uh yeah, the absolute worst years of my life- I was twice beaten beyond recognition and stabbed once. I fought a lot but usual managed to hold my own or at least left recognizable if battered, lol.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)