Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My letter to the WBC

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:05 PM
  • 8 Replies

I couldn't find the post, but I had to share. I urge EVERYONE to write them. I can't post their URL, but I WILL PM it to people who want to write.

I don't understand your need to picket the funerals of fallen military members, when they're DYING to protect your rights of free speech and protest!

Also, it's not very Christian-like to be SO judgemental... I thought God was the only one who could judge?
As a former veteran, I'd simply like to say YOU'RE WELCOME. Every time I put on my uniform, I was willing to DIE for your right to free speech, and your right to protest... just like my brothers and sisters, whose funerals you protest did.

OK, so you hate f**s... so what? Why not protest a gay pride parade? Here in Savannah GA, they have a Gay Pride Day. I would be HAPPY to get you the info so you can come and protest... but stop protesting the people you should be THANKING. What Would Jesus Do? Jesus wouldn't protest a funeral, and he wouldn't even acknowledge your existence. so, if you would like the info on Savannah's Gay Pride Day, I'll be happy to get it for you, so at least your protests will be against the people you truly hate.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
BleedinHeartMom
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:07 PM

good

Aslen
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:12 PM

Quoting BleedinHeartMom:

good

Thanks! i HAD to share it. I really do want them to come here... We have two Army bases, one in the middle of Savannah and one about 45 minutes away. the one in savannah is where the Army Rangers are...

what can i say I'm a shit disturber!

mistynights234
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Im sure that you are writing this for your own need.  Because these people do not care what you have to say.  This group as they are pretty much all related is what happens when you inbreed.  There brains are broken.  They do not think or have compassion like a regular person.   They are brainwashed from birth. 

The website is a horror show, so be prepared if you go to the website.  The negativity just jumps off the page. 

I have to ask..........you were kidding when you mentioned your towns gay rights parade and invited them right? 

BigOlMommy
by Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Ok. WHAT THE F*CK?

I was totally ok with this post...

until I saw that you are encouraging people to protest a gay pride parade??

WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU?!

What kind of jerk bag would say that it's completely disgusting to protest the military, but fine to protest people who have a different lifestyle than yours that IS NOT AFFECTING YOU?

Absurd. Go stick your head back in your ass, I guess.

Aslen
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 11:05 AM

My goal is to get them here, and stage a protest against them. I've already got it in the works. Savannah is a HUGE Army town, with Hunter Army Airfield right in the middle of Savannah, and Ft. Stewart about 45 minutes away. HAAF is where the Rangers are. Savannah also has a large GLBT community as well. I've been in contact with various members of local organizations about this, and they support it 100%. I'm so outraged by them I want to personally let them know, and what better way to do it? There is a method to my madness, ladies i promise. My BFF is gay and he busted out laughing, because he knew why i sent the email before i even told him. :)

vampire-1.gif picture by Aslenagem

BigOlMommy
by Member on Apr. 3, 2010 at 3:17 PM

Still thinking this is absurd

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 3, 2010 at 3:34 PM

Wilful ignorance is almost impossible to get through to.  I think letters to them would fuel their hate.

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong, because sometime in life you will have been one or all of these. George Washington Carver

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Apr. 3, 2010 at 3:45 PM

The best way to deal with them is to ignore them.

I went with the Freedom Riders in my hometown and we simply held American Flags up in a large square around the funeral party at the cemetary.  They ranted and sang and held their signs but the fallen soldier's family and friends could not see them.  We ignored their presence when we walked by as well.  Acted as if they were not there.  They ended up leaving after about 15 mintues... and the Funeral continued peacefully.   :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)