Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Petition to make pole dancing an Olympic sport

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:38 PM
  • 15 Replies
RSS + - Text Size Print Share This

Petition to make pole dancing an Olympic sport

Could an activity usually associated with strip clubs ever be considered an Olympic sport?

That's the hope of pole dancers across the country, who say they have collected nearly 150,000 thousand signatures to petition the Olympic committee to make pole dancing an Olympic event.

Supporters point to international championships held the past two years and even liken it to other Olympic events.

"I would look to a sport like gymnastics especially with the apparatus type competition they're on a horizontal bar we're on a vertical bar," said dancer Jasmin Bristow.

Unfortunately for pole dancing supporters it's too late for the 20-12 games in London ...they're closed to any new events.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Talee
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:39 PM

Actually....that would be pretty cool....with clothes on.

Joqui
by Joqui on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:39 PM

In their defense it does take an 'athelete' to pole dance... check it

Talee
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:42 PM

I totally agree....I have always been a bit jealous of those girls cuz actually that looks like loads of fun...and back in the day I think I could have done some of those moves...

trishasjunebug
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:45 PM

i believe it. You have to have quite a lot of strength to do that!

Joqui
by Joqui on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:49 PM

I'm jealous too... I can't even stand on my head in Yoga because my core is so weak.. let alone hold myself up on a pole... that's crazy! their core is amazing!

Quoting Talee:

I totally agree....I have always been a bit jealous of those girls cuz actually that looks like loads of fun...and back in the day I think I could have done some of those moves...

tericared
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:49 PM

WOW

SxyMartini
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Oh I wonder who is behind this one....LOL! Ah the RNC....representing "real" American values...

SxyMartini
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:52 PM

way too much clothing in the vid.

Talee
by Gold Member on Apr. 1, 2010 at 5:55 PM

Quoting Joqui:

I'm jealous too... I can't even stand on my head in Yoga because my core is so weak.. let alone hold myself up on a pole... that's crazy! their core is amazing!

Quoting Talee:

I coudl do amazing stuff on the monkey bars and also with ropes that were vertical when I was younger...

Yeah the younger years....lolol

Join us on

Current Events & Hot Topics
             Group Mod

tericared
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 6:02 PM

No wonder famous women {Hollywood types} use poles to stay in shape...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)