Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Calif GOP: Marijuana legalization is for dopes

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:25 PM
  • 4 Replies

Calif GOP: Marijuana legalization is for dopes

The Associated Press

Published Thursday, Apr. 01, 2010

SACRAMENTO, Calif. -- The California Republican Party is just saying no to a November ballot initiative that would legalize marijuana in the state.

The less-than-surprising news that the state GOP would oppose a measure known as the Tax Cannabis Act was announced Wednesday on the party's Web site.

The announcement did indicate the approach the measure's opponents may take as debate over the proposal heats up in coming months.

Party chairman Ron Nehring said the health and public safety costs of expanded marijuana use would far outweigh any tax revenue raised from legalizing the drug.

A California Democratic Party spokesman said the party would likely consider its official position on the measure at an executive board meeting in July.

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:25 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
tericared
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:28 PM

This does not surprise me one bit.....I use to be one of these people who thought like every one else....I was my whole life a very narrow minded Repub......Thank goodness during the first year Bush Jr was in office I looked around and didnt like my thought process on a lot of issues.....

Sorry dont know why I am kind of chatty today..

Friday
by HRH of MJ on Apr. 1, 2010 at 7:37 PM

Well, at least now I know the Cali Reps aren't real Conservatives, probably more NeoCons. Sadly the Dems are just as bad on the drug war but will see what they end up saying.

I'm going to do everything I can to help get this thing passed.

Thank God......it's Friday!!!

trippyhippy
by Platinum Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 9:48 AM

Yet another reason why the repubs will not get my vote.

Talee
by Gold Member on Apr. 2, 2010 at 11:16 AM

oh but of course!

...gotta keep on keepin on about this one!!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)