Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Israeli warplanes bomb Gaza targets

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:54 PM
  • 22 Replies

Yes, Israel is completely innocent.  eye rolling 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35930028/displaymode/1176/rstry/36141614/

Israeli warplanes bomb Gaza targets

Children slightly injured, Palestinian witnesses and officials say
Reuters
updated 3:59 p.m. PT, Thurs., April 1, 2010

GAZA - Israeli planes and helicopters mounted at least seven missile attacks on the Hamas-ruled Gaza Strip on Friday, destroying what a military spokesman described as Palestinian munitions sites.

Four air strikes blew up two caravans near the town of Khan Younis, witnesses and Hamas officials said. There were no casualties.

A fifth missile hit a cheese factory in Gaza City, setting it on fire, witnesses and Hamas officials said. Hospital officials said two children were slightly wounded by flying debris.

Helicopters struck twice in the central refugee camp of Nusseirat, destroying a metal foundry. There were no casualties.

An Israeli military spokesman confirmed the attacks, saying they had targeted two weapons-manufacturing plants and two arms caches.

The air strikes were Israel's response to a Palestinian short-range rocket that was fired across the border into the Jewish state on Thursday, the spokesman said. The attack, which went unclaimed by any Palestinian faction, caused no damage.

An Israeli offensive in the Gaza Strip early last year was designed to counter such salvoes. Rocket attacks have resumed sporadically in recent weeks and Israel has responded with air strikes.

URL: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/36141614/ns/world_news-mideastn_africa/

Image: A wounded Palestinian boy is carried into Al-Shifa hospital following Israeli air strikes in Gaza

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 8:54 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
tericared
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:00 PM

Oh Allah help them......

tericared
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:09 PM

I wonder if locking up the open air prisin had anything to do with people being upset? There are Christains & Jews in Gaza,,,so they cant practice thier religion and partake in the festivities?

Jerusalem (CNN) -- Israeli security forces said they will close the West Bank region from midnight Sunday to Tuesday, April 6.

Only people who need medical attention and journalists with appropriate credentials will be allowed to cross, the Israel Defense Forces said in a statement.

Humanitarians, doctors, lawyers and other professionals will also have access based on approval by the civil administration.

About 1,250 religious workers, along with 550 students and teachers, have permission to leave the West Bank, the IDF said.

Israeli Defense Minister Ehud Barak ordered the closure during the Passover holiday.

tericared
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:12 PM

CNN) -- Israeli forces killed two young Palestinians on Sunday, hours after the military announced that a teen shot on Saturday also died.

The latest deaths bring to four the number of Palestinian youths killed by Israeli forces this weekend.

Israeli and Palestinian sources disagreed about the circumstances of the fatal shootings Sunday.

Israeli military officials said troops fatally shot the two after they tried to stab an Israel Defense Forces soldier who was on routine patrol southeast of Nablus, military officials said. The Israeli military was working to get more details, they said.

But Palestinian sources said the two were innocent farm workers.

The head of the Palestinian medical relief services for the district of Nablus, Dr. Ghassan Hamadan, said the two Palestinians were both shot in the back. One had four gunshot wounds in the back and one in the shoulder, he said.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/WORLD/meast/03/21/israel.clashes/index.html?iref=allsearch

tericared
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:12 PM

Innocent I think not...........

Sillymama530
by Jamie on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:22 PM

Quoting tericared:

I agree.  But I'm sure many will come up with some excuse for Israel's actions.  I'm not very educated on this topic yet, but even I can see that it's f***ed up.

tericared
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:31 PM

Quoting Sillymama530:

Quoting tericared:

I agree.  But I'm sure many will come up with some excuse for Israel's actions.  I'm not very educated on this topic yet, but even I can see that it's f***ed up.

Hope you are knid of thick skinned,,,the bashing will come. And no matter how much proof you {we} put out there we are supporting terrorist........

aidans_mama
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:39 PM

Oh my...when will it ever stop?  This is sad. 

Is there anything that could be done to end this over there?  What is the cause for the conflict exactly?  I hate to see/read stories like this coming from over there.  My heart aches for these people. 

tericared
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:43 PM

Quoting aidans_mama:

Oh my...when will it ever stop?  This is sad. 

Is there anything that could be done to end this over there?  What is the cause for the conflict exactly?  I hate to see/read stories like this coming from over there.  My heart aches for these people. 

In the mid 40's Palestine was invaded.....by the zionist government....The zionist government had blown up Gaza, imprisoned Gaza, they are committing a holocaust.....against the people of Palestine....

tericared
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:45 PM

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=5999

tericared
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 9:46 PM

A thought-provoking and powerful documentary film on the current and historical root causes of the Israeli-Palestinian conflict. Unlike any other film ever produced on the conflict -- 'Occupation 101' presents a comprehensive analysis of the facts and hidden truths surrounding the never ending controversy and dispels many of its long-perceived myths and misconceptions.

The film also details life under Israeli military rule, the role of the United States in the conflict, and the major obstacles that stand in the way of a lasting and viable peace. The roots of the conflict are explained through first-hand on-the-ground experiences from leading Middle East scholars, peace activists, journalists, religious leaders and humanitarian workers whose voices have too often been suppressed in American media outlets.

The film covers a wide range of topics -- which include -- the first wave of Jewish immigration from Europe in the 1880's, the 1920 tensions, the 1948 war, the 1967 war, the first Intifada of 1987, the Oslo Peace Process, Settlement expansion, the role of the United States Government, the second Intifada of 2000, the separation barrier and the Israeli withdrawal from Gaza, as well as many heart wrenching testimonials from victims of this tragedy.

Featured Interviews

Occupation 101 features a leading list of some of the most credible Middle East scholars, historians, peace activists, journalists, and humanitarian workers. For a complete listing, please click here.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)