Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What do you think they are really selling here?

Posted by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:12 PM
  • 19 Replies

Watch this item

Blue Pencil Sharpener

2 hole

Item condition:Used

Time left:2d 07h (04 Apr, 201019:24:21 AEST)

Bid history:0 bids

Starting bid:AU $20.00

Enter maximum bid:
AU $
Place bidPlace bid

(Enter AU $20.00 or more)

or
Price:AU $50,000.00Buy It NowBuy It NowBuy It Now

Postage:AU $10.00RegularSee more services  See discounts  |  See all details
Estimated delivery time varies. This service delivers within 1-6 days after seller posts item.

Payments:
PayPal, Bank Deposit | See details

Pay with PayPal and you may be protected up to $20,000. Conditions apply

Returns:

7 day money back, buyer pays return shipping | Read details

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong, because sometime in life you will have been one or all of these. George Washington Carver

by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:12 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:17 PM

It has been said that this is about trafficking in children that it is all in code.  Notice the buy it now price of 50,000.00.

So first do you think that could be rue?

Second are there any members of ebay austrailia here who can report this auction?  It is definitely up to no good....

And yes it is an active ebay auction.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Blue-Pencil-Sharpener_W0QQitemZ120550419714QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Business_Industrial_Office_Supplies?hash=item1c115d6d02#ht_500wt_1182

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong, because sometime in life you will have been one or all of these. George Washington Carver

Joqui
by Joqui on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:17 PM

a 20 dollar pencil sharpener?! LOL

Joqui
by Joqui on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Oh Lord Jesus... I had no idea...

Quoting survivorinohio:

It has been said that this is about trafficking in children that it is all in code.  Notice the buy it now price of 50,000.00.

Second are there any members of ebay austrailia here who can report this auction?  It is definitely up to no good....

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Blue-Pencil-Sharpener_W0QQitemZ120550419714QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Business_Industrial_Office_Supplies?hash=item1c115d6d02#ht_500wt_1182

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:18 PM

Quoting Joqui:

a 20 dollar pencil sharpener?! LOL

No that is an opening bid.  The buy it now is 50,000.00 and there is very likely a very high reserve...

Mandipants
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:27 PM

I didn't either. How did you find this out Survivor?

You can only report it if you are an Australian user?

Quoting Joqui:

Quoting survivorinohio:

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:38 PM

It was posted in another group and I asked to post it here in hopes of getting an aussie mum to report it.  I think I found one to do that already though.

The code was stated to a friend on another site by someone who claimed to have done work for paypal

The story is that they phish these accounts and use codes

I think that being a member of ebay australia is necessary but I am unsure I wasnt seeming to be able to sign in but perhaps it was user error?

Quoting Mandipants:

Quoting Joqui:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Mandipants
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:39 PM

I've never been an ebay user...

Sounds terrible. Regardless of what it is--selling a sharpener for that money is very fishy.

Quoting survivorinohio:

It was posted in another group and I asked to post it here in hopes of getting an aussie mum to report it.  I think I found one to do that already though.

The code was stated to a friend on another site by someone who claimed to have done work for paypal

The story is that they phish these accounts and use codes

I think that being a member of ebay australia is necessary but I am unsure I wasnt seeming to be able to sign in but perhaps it was user error?

Quoting Mandipants:

Quoting Joqui:

Quoting survivorinohio:

KATMommie158
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 10:58 PM

I reported it... I hope it's a fake listing, but there is some stuff about it on the internet.

survivorinohio
by René on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Quoting KATMommie158:

I reported it... I hope it's a fake listing, but there is some stuff about it on the internet.

Awesome , Thank you .  No matter what it is it cant be a-okay.

aidans_mama
by on Apr. 1, 2010 at 11:09 PM

Quoting Joqui:

Quoting survivorinohio:

Me neither.  that is horrible.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)