Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If you are White ... do you only purchase your children ....

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:48 PM
  • 115 Replies

If you are white do your child only purchase white dolls? Why or why not?

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
strongerthanB4
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:49 PM

popcorn 

tiggerabba
by Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:51 PM

white-purchased dolls of any color................if you are AA do you only purchase AA dolls?

wife.and.mommy
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:52 PM

I am NOT white, and i have only purchased white dolls for my DD.  my reasoning is those are the ones i like.  i see  NOTHING wrong with purchasing only white dolls.  it doesnt make a person racist, if that is what you are trying to imply

popcorn

Radarma
by Ruby Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:53 PM

Nope, in fact, back in her doll days, I made a big effort to include all cultures/ethnicities in her collection.

Does not matter though, a child is drawn to and relates most to similarity.

AnB68
by Bronze Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:53 PM

i look for dolls other than white to buy my girls(yes i am white) for the reason of being- its real life and its what they see at school- they seem to be happy with te purchases- never said anything about the dolls..

ceemuhreeashbee
by Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:54 PM

No- whatever she wants she can have- her first barbie wasn't 'white'.

tiggerabba
by Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:54 PM

you should have seen the looks we got when my youngest would carry her boy cabbage patch doll dressed like a girl...............

Joqui
by Joqui on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:54 PM

I don't think that's what she is trying to imply ...

This is only a drama post if those that choose to answer look at it that way.. my dd has white babies, black babies, I have yet to get her a 'hispanic' baby because there aren't many that I have seen... but I am not white, and my family is so jumbled with just about everything that it's easy for me to just pick up whatever.. growing up my mom only got me white babies.

Quoting wife.and.mommy:

I am NOT white, and i have only purchased white dolls for my DD.  my reasoning is those are the ones i like.  i see  NOTHING wrong with purchasing only white dolls.  it doesnt make a person racist, if that is what you are trying to imply

popcorn

kanalee
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:54 PM

I am "white" but my children and "SunKissed" I have always tried to match up dolls to my daughters skin type. But she has all skin types =-)

Peace,
Kana

metalmummy
by Member on Apr. 19, 2010 at 2:55 PM

My daughter has white and hispanic dolls.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)