Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Change the Channel (mini rant) PIOG

Posted by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:24 PM
  • 10 Replies
In this current climate of anti government extremism, today on the 15th anniversary of the OKC bombing is the time to remember that we were facing this same climate 15 years ago. Certain "news" personalities are fueling the hate and heating up the anger. This will only lead to another Timothy McVeigh and more Alfred P. Murrah Federal Buildings. Change the channel people. Turn off the haters.

Heather
The Witchy Momma

Rise up this morning, smile at the rising sun; Three little birds, pitch by my doorstep; Singing sweet songs, a melody pure and true; Singing, this is my message to you-ou-ou; Singing Don't worry, about a thing; Cause every little thing is gonna be alright.

by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BleedinHeartMom
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:30 PM

No dammit, its UN-American to not blow something up...

hsteele
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 6:36 PM

lol How true.

Quoting BleedinHeartMom:

No dammit, its UN-American to not blow something up...

Heather
The Witchy Momma

Rise up this morning, smile at the rising sun; Three little birds, pitch by my doorstep; Singing sweet songs, a melody pure and true; Singing, this is my message to you-ou-ou; Singing Don't worry, about a thing; Cause every little thing is gonna be alright.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:27 PM

I was in OKC back then.  Personally, I think the current hate speech is way worse now than 15 years ago.  I believe the "political" nutjobs who are spewing and stirring right now are looking for a climax - be it an assassination attempt or another building in rubble.  JMO.

hsteele
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:28 PM

I think they are hoping its an assasination attempt, but I'm sure they'll settle on something they can blame on liberals and Obama.

Mandipants
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:31 PM

Quoting LauraKW:

I was in OKC back then.  Personally, I think the current hate speech is way worse now than 15 years ago.  I believe the "political" nutjobs who are spewing and stirring right now are looking for a climax - be it an assassination attempt or another building in rubble.  JMO.

I can get behind that opinion. So many scare tactics. Why now? What is there to be so afraid of???

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:36 PM

Quoting Mandipants:

Quoting LauraKW:

I can get behind that opinion. So many scare tactics. Why now? What is there to be so afraid of???

I don't know if you noticed the semi-black man who is the cause of all our nation's problems - drip, drip, drip.

Mandipants
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:39 PM

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting Mandipants:

Quoting LauraKW:

I don't know if you noticed the semi-black man who is the cause of all our nation's problems - drip, drip, drip.

Yeah, but so MANY insist that it is 'policies' not race, that I just have to believe that. Right.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:47 PM

Quoting Mandipants:

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting Mandipants:

Quoting LauraKW:

Yeah, but so MANY insist that it is 'policies' not race, that I just have to believe that. Right.

Eh, people don't usually admit to being ignorant or biased.  The world would be easier if we could make people wear signs.  Mine would have a big tree getting a hug :).

tericared
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:49 PM

People should learn from our mistakes, from our history...But we do not...

Mandipants
by on Apr. 19, 2010 at 7:51 PM

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting Mandipants:

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting Mandipants:

Quoting LauraKW:

Eh, people don't usually admit to being ignorant or biased.  The world would be easier if we could make people wear signs.  Mine would have a big tree getting a hug :).

Too true. Too true. It's easier to hate monger in the guise of patriotism :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)