Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Obama Kills At WHCD: ‘Approval Ratings Are High In Country Of My Birth’ (VIDEO)

Posted by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:05 PM
  • 23 Replies

Well if his day job doesn’t end up working out PresidentBarack Obama may have a comedy career to fall back on. Obama addressed the star-studded crowd (for Washington, anyway) at the White House Correspondents dinner tonight — a.k.a the “nerd prom” — and from all accounts he stole the show. Poor Jay Leno, after the the whole Team Coco debacle he now has to follow a President who can bring the funny. Serious funny. This man is not afraid to take a shot for the sake of a good laugh. Some zingers and full video below.

“Biden talked me into it. He leaned over and said this is no ordinary dinner…this is a big, f*cking meal.”

“I’m glad to see the only person who’s ratings…fell more than mine is here tonight. Hey good to see you Jay.”

“I hear I am big on Twitter…Facebook….or, as Sarah Palin calls it “Socialized Media.”

On the Salahis: “There haven’t been people more unwelcome at a party since Charlie Crist!”

“I’m also glad I’m speaking first – because we’ve all seen what happens when somebody takes the timeslot after Leno.”

“I had my heart set on the Nobel prize for physics…you can’t win them all.”

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:05 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on May. 2, 2010 at 8:30 PM
Rock on, Mr President.
Mandipants
by on May. 2, 2010 at 8:54 PM

Ahhhh. Brains, looks, talent AND funny. Watch out Jon Stewart, Mr. President is nipping at your tail feathers...

MissG9
by on May. 2, 2010 at 9:20 PM

I love it!

tericared
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:04 PM

Way to go Pres............

1bluediamond
by Gold Member on May. 2, 2010 at 10:36 PM

What was the dinner he and McCain attended during the primaries? I remember Mr. President was funny then too.

aidans_mama
by on May. 2, 2010 at 10:39 PM

LOVE it! 

Joqui
by Joqui on May. 2, 2010 at 11:19 PM

I heard he did a good job.. didn't watch it... but even some conservatives I follow on twitter were laughing and saying that he did great...

aidans_mama
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:53 PM

Quoting Joqui:

I heard he did a good job.. didn't watch it... but even some conservatives I follow on twitter were laughing and saying that he did great...

You follow conservatives on Twitter?!  lol.

"Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky were like shooting stars?  'Cause I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now."

Joqui
by Joqui on May. 2, 2010 at 11:55 PM

how does that saying go? keep your friends close?... LOL... well it's a mutual thing .. They follow me and I follow back... there is one on there that I think is faking the funk.. he's a progressive and won't admit it LOL

Quoting aidans_mama:

Quoting Joqui:

aidans_mama
by on May. 2, 2010 at 11:59 PM

Quoting Joqui:

how does that saying go? keep your friends close?... LOL... well it's a mutual thing .. They follow me and I follow back... there is one on there that I think is faking the funk.. he's a progressive and won't admit it LOL

Quoting aidans_mama:

Quoting Joqui:

I tried Twitter once, did not work for me, I gave it up.  I have conservative friends that I have talked politics with only once each and walked away from each of those convos feeling like I wanted to choke them.  We are the best of friends when we don't talk politics.....or religion.  They are on Twitter though, lol.

"Can we pretend that airplanes in the night sky were like shooting stars?  'Cause I could really use a wish right now, wish right now, wish right now."

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)