Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

If you could put anyone YOU wanted in the Oval Office , who would it be?

Posted by on May. 13, 2010 at 2:48 PM
  • 56 Replies

And why?  And I mean anyone, you, a friend, a cm member, anyone.

I  like Ron Paul mostly , I like the fair tax and many other points he had made.

Would you support a failed candidate from the past?  A successful past leader?  An Unknown?

I also really liked Kerry...  I cried when he lost to GW.  But maybe the tears were because GW won not because Kerry lost...

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong, because sometime in life you will have been one or all of these. George Washington Carver

by on May. 13, 2010 at 2:48 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Mandipants
by on May. 13, 2010 at 2:50 PM

Willie Nelson. I just read Bake's post over in the Cafe. That pretty much explains it all.

survivorinohio
by René on May. 13, 2010 at 2:56 PM

Quoting Mandipants:

Willie Nelson. I just read Bake's post over in the Cafe. That pretty much explains it all.

I dont frequent that group, maybe I should?

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong, because sometime in life you will have been one or all of these. George Washington Carver

katnjaquesmom
by Member on May. 13, 2010 at 2:57 PM

ME!    I can't do any worse

Jewelrymom236
by Member on May. 13, 2010 at 2:58 PM

Rudy Guliani 

yeah baby!!!!!!

survivorinohio
by René on May. 13, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Quoting katnjaquesmom:

ME!    I can't do any worse

What would be your stand on foreign policy, corporate welfare and certainly not least taxation?

Mandipants
by on May. 13, 2010 at 3:00 PM

Quoting survivorinohio:

Quoting Mandipants:

I dont frequent that group, maybe I should?

Ummmmm. No. I can't in all good conscious recommend it...

I usually go there for the drama--it's not really a debate group per se.

I'll try to get some quotes of Willie's to bring on over...

SxyMartini
by on May. 13, 2010 at 3:03 PM

I'd put Gandhi. 

survivorinohio
by René on May. 13, 2010 at 3:03 PM

Quoting Jewelrymom236:

Rudy Guliani 

yeah baby!!!!!!

I like him because he acquired a "hero" kind of feel for me on 911.  He seemed to really be willing to roll up his sleeves and work.  That is very appealing to me and even dare I say sexy but I didnt vote for him.. 

Mandipants
by on May. 13, 2010 at 3:04 PM

If you throw trash along the highway or foul our rivers, I'm sorry to say that you are not my friend

If you think that people whose skin is a different color from  yours are beneath you , then you are particularly not my friend.

Quoted from Bakebiscotti's post in the Cafe

-Willie Nelson

“The fight to save family farms isn't just about farmers. It's about making sure that there is a safe and healthy food supply for all of us. It's about jobs, from Main Street to Wall Street. It's about a better America.”

-Willie Nelson

survivorinohio
by René on May. 13, 2010 at 3:18 PM

I always did like Willie.  Thank you Mandipants!

Quoting Mandipants:

If you throw trash along the highway or foul our rivers, I'm sorry to say that you are not my friend

If you think that people whose skin is a different color from  yours are beneath you , then you are particularly not my friend.

Quoted from Bakebiscotti's post in the Cafe

-Willie Nelson

“The fight to save family farms isn't just about farmers. It's about making sure that there is a safe and healthy food supply for all of us. It's about jobs, from Main Street to Wall Street. It's about a better America.”

-Willie Nelson

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)