Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Current Events & Hot Topics Current Events & Hot Topics

Colbert Rips Glenn Beck For MLK Connections (VIDEO)

Posted by on May. 14, 2010 at 12:29 PM
  • 5 Replies

Stephen Colbert loves Glenn Beck. So much that he even bought his cologne, Patriot Tears. And as an avid fan, he couldn't help but notice that the Fox News host gone from calling himself a "Rodeo Clown" (an apt analogy as both "work with bullsh--t") to associating himself with God. Quite a leap.

And if that transformation wasn't enough, he's making pit stops at Martin Luther King comparisons along the way. Colbert noticed that Beck plans to unveil his plan for "refounding" on the same exact date and location as King's "I Have A Dream Speech." This didn't sit well with Colbert, who mocked Beck, closely following the path needed for such a transformation.

Oh, and as an added bonus, Colbert seamlessly transitioned into a song from "The Lion King." Is there anything this man can't do?

WATCH: 

http://www.colbertnation.com/the-colbert-report-videos/309295/may-13-2010/glenn-to-the-mountaintop

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

by on May. 14, 2010 at 12:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
jenniamigo
by Member on May. 14, 2010 at 12:36 PM

BECKERHEAD LMAO

Malapertinent
by on May. 14, 2010 at 3:24 PM

Beck loves MLK...what a great tribute.

SxyMartini
by on May. 14, 2010 at 3:29 PM

Wondering if Beck thinks he is the next MLK? Chose that same day to reveil "his plan"....

Malapertinent
by on May. 14, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Quoting SxyMartini:

Wondering if Beck thinks he is the next MLK? Chose that same day to reveil "his plan"....

I will keep my thoughts open that it's more from a tribute angle.  He snags PR w/out needing to "up-stage" a dead icon, all by himself.

Appeasers believe that
if you keep on throwing steaks to a tiger, the tiger will become a
vegetarian

Mandipants
by on May. 14, 2010 at 4:07 PM

Sorry MLK. Seriously. Glenn Beck's 'dream' is scary.

Kisses Colbert. Patriot Tears. That was some funny!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)