Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Brittany Murphy's husband found dead

Posted by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:53 AM
  • 15 Replies

Brittany Murphy's husband found dead

By Alan Duke, CNN
May 24, 2010 8:33 a.m. EDT

Los Angeles, California (CNN) -- The widower of actress Brittany Murphy was found dead at his California home just five months after his wife died.

British screenwriter Simon Monjack was found dead Sunday night in Hollywood, according to the Los Angeles County coroner's office.

Monjack, 39, was pronounced dead after the Los Angeles Fire Department was called there for a medical emergency, according to police.

His cause of death was not immediately known.

Murphy, 32, died in December from a combination of pneumonia, an iron deficiency and multiple drug intoxication, a coroner said. The drugs involved were legal and used to treat a respiratory infection, according to an autopsy.

The often bubbly, free-spirited actress appeared in films such as "Clueless," "8 Mile," "Don't Say a Word" and "Girl, Interrupted."

She also lent her voice to animated works, including the movie "Happy Feet" -- in which she also sang -- and a regular role on the animated TV series "King of the Hill."

The couple had no children.

by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:53 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
FDNYwife
by Member on May. 24, 2010 at 8:55 AM

I cant believe they both died 5 months of each other, so young, of natural .  Seems pretty strange to me.

yomamaporter
by on May. 24, 2010 at 8:59 AM

Quoting FDNYwife:

I cant believe they both died 5 months of each other, so young, of natural .  Seems pretty strange to me.

Hers wasn't natural... They found drugs in Murphey's body ...

Anyhow, it's sad.

"Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional."

lizbethjulianne
by on May. 24, 2010 at 10:13 AM

Quoting yomamaporter:

Quoting FDNYwife:

ย I cant believe they both died 5 months of each other, so young, of natural .ย  Seems pretty strange to me.

Anyhow, it's sad.

I'm convinced her death was mostly eating disorder related, though I have absolutely no solid evidence to back this up with. Anyhootles, yes, very sad. :(
norwegianwood
by Platinum Member on May. 24, 2010 at 12:46 PM

Wow. That's so sad. : (

P

Joqui
by Joqui on May. 24, 2010 at 12:48 PM

That is terrible :(

stormcris
by Christy on May. 24, 2010 at 1:08 PM

I wonder if this has anything to do with that fugus that is spreading in the Northwest.

Harris06
by Member on May. 24, 2010 at 1:15 PM

There were drugs in her system but it was medications that were consistant with the treatment of a cold or respiratory infection; it was ruled accidental but likely preventable.

Quoting yomamaporter:

Quoting FDNYwife:

Anyhow, it's sad.

Proud Navy Wife to Mark; baby girl Loving Mother to McKenna; and expecting girl .

Harris06
by Member on May. 24, 2010 at 1:15 PM

I will be anxious to see if it is actually "natural" or if it turns out to be suicide.

Arroree
by Ruby Member on May. 24, 2010 at 1:52 PM

Sad.

tericared
by on May. 24, 2010 at 2:36 PM

Quoting yomamaporter:

Anyhow, it's sad.

The coroner's report said that the medications found in her system were consistent with treatment of a cold or respiratory infection. Monjack and Murphy's mother had reported the actress was ill with flulike symptoms in the days before her death.

An autopsy found no evidence that Murphy abused drugs. Investigators had found numerous prescription medications in her home.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100524/ap_on_en_mo/us_brittany_murphy_husband_dead

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)