Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Far Right Christian Group Warns That ‘Gay Blood’ Will Destroy Our Military If DADT Is Repealed

Posted by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:49 PM
  • 7 Replies

Far Right Christian Group Warns That ‘Gay Blood’ Will Destroy Our Military If DADT Is Repealed

The right has been girding for a fight to defend the military’s discriminatory “Don’t Ask, Don’t Tell” (DADT) policy after the White House and some members of Congress reached an agreement this week that will likely repeal it. House Republicans are “preparing to mount a vigorous defense” of the policy, Sen. John McCain is threatening a filibuster, and right-wing Christian groups are pressuring conservative lawmakers to toe the party line.

Today, right-wing hate-monger Cliff Kincaid’s group America’s Survival launched a repulsive fear campaign against repeal, warning that “disease-tainted gay bloodthreatens our troops.” The group’s abhorrent video — and the 60 page report that accompanies it — present ludicrous stereotypes of gay men and women, going so far as to claim that “open and active homosexuals into the U.S. military could very well result in the spreading of deadly HIV-tainted blood throughout the ranks”:

Of course, all would-be soldiers undergo mandatory HIV screening and are not allowed to serve if they are found to be positive. Kincaid mentions this, but as Joe.My.God noted, the press release “cites the singular example of an HIV-positive soldier infecting a 17 year-old male he met in a chat room. Because if it happened ONCE out of all those millions of soldiers…”

Kincaid goes on to warn that repealing DADT will lead to “transgendered individuals who want to dress up as members of the opposite sex and would cry ‘discrimination’ if they are not allowed to do so.” Ignoring the fact that service members of both genders often wear identical uniforms, Kincaid’s only example of this allegedly real threat is a fictional character from the TV show MASH.

TPM notes that, in a separate bit of right-wing hate mongering, the Family Research Council is warning that repealing DADT “will turn the U.S. military into a terrifying free-rape zone” where straight service members “will be fellated in their sleep against their will” and commanders are powerless to resist.

BabyFruit Ticker

by on May. 26, 2010 at 7:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
DangerDarling
by Fabulous on May. 26, 2010 at 8:10 PM

Wow. All of that is exactly true. Gay people all have AIDS and we rape unwilling people in their sleep. Jesus H. Christ.

DaisyRae
by Bronze Member on May. 26, 2010 at 8:34 PM

I think too many people are homophobic. Now...I am a Christian and no, I do not agree with the homosexual lifestyle...but when it comes to who is going to defend my freedom, if an openly gay man or woman wants to defend those freedoms then I say MORE POWER TO YOU and applaud their courage. They are not somehow less capable of defending our freedoms than a heterosexual, and they are definitely not somehow less entitled to do so. The bias that homosexuals as just HIV infected sex addicts is something that has bothered me for a long time. Growing up my mom's best friend was so mean about my openly gay uncle-once everyone found out he contracted HIV (from a tattoo mind you, not a partner) and it was so hard to see the ignorance and hatred from my mom's friends misinformed and unconcerned opinion about homosexuals. :(

PurdueMom
by Sherri on May. 26, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Once they repeal DADT, who are they going to let in next?...... Those with flat feet? 

Lord, help us all if that happens.

Sherri

KittyLicking.gif picture by wer4pu
tericared
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:03 PM

Wow that is some crazy way of thinking....

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on May. 26, 2010 at 10:05 PM

Makes me wonder how people get through life such broken chromosomes.  They would be funny if they weren't so sad and scary.

cherry41089
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:57 PM

wow it's sad that people just can't be open minded.

tericared
by on May. 26, 2010 at 10:58 PM

Quoting cherry41089:

wow it's sad that people just can't be open minded.

I'd settle for a little compassion...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)