Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

If Bush were President Now how would he handle the BP Oil Spill???????

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:39 PM
  • 91 Replies

I am outraged at the way this whole thing is being handled by Obama yes I voted for him but I just don't understand why he can't call in the National Guards and get some of theses intelligents people in there to fix this mess. This is our ocean . What would Bush do. I bet he would of got on it a lot faster and called his peeps and not be counting 46 day or so now it is rediculous to do this to wildlife . Ugh I am so angry!!

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:39 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Peanutx3
by Ruby Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:41 PM

If I am not mistaken the President doesn't control the National Guard - that belongs to the States.  Secondly Bush is no longer in office so it is a mute point about what Bush would do.  

ddbz
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Well, the people who caused this mess should be the ones to clean it up. They have all the equipment and technology that is necessary and they should certainly be footing the gigantic bill. The gov't is extensively involved in the planning and execution of the cleanup effort. Calling in the military to do the job wouldn't have any better effect.

So IDK how Bush would have handled it. Maybe he would have rolled up his shirt sleeves, flew over the slick and then touched down at his ranch in Texas for a BBQ.

SxyMartini
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:49 PM

Bush would fly over like he did with Katrina. Does he hate marine life like he does black people?

ddbz
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Oh and the Coast Guard is already on the scene, since the blowout, doing what they can.

cherry41089
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:37 PM

Quoting SxyMartini:

Bush would fly over like he did with Katrina. Does he hate marine life like he does black people?

exactly, bush most likely would had been on vacation

cherry41089
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:38 PM

Quoting ddbz:

Oh and the Coast Guard is already on the scene, since the blowout, doing what they can.

yes they are, my husband will be send there in a few days

*Coastie's wife*coast guard

itsmesteph11
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:39 PM

I don't know and neither does anyone else so why ask?

Soulmate-2-R
by Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:41 PM

he would probably run crying  to his "daddy" asking what to do......as i am sure you can tell...didnt vote for him and dont like him....

mrs.pyle
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:43 PM

he would pump evil doers into the water instead of mud.

catamaran1234
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:44 PM

Quoting cherry41089:

Quoting SxyMartini:

exactly, bush most likely would had been on vacation

Kind of like Obama did?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)