Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

American, 19, Among Gaza Flotilla Dead: Furkan Dogan Was Shot Five Times, Including Four Times in Head

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:24 PM
  • 19 Replies

A U.S. citizen who lived in Turkey is among the nine people killed when Israeli commandos stormed a Turkish aid ship heading for the Gaza Strip, officials said today. The victim was identified as Furkan Dogan, 19, a Turkish-American. A forensic report said he was shot at close range, with four bullets in his head and one in his chest, according to the Anatolian news agency.

Furkan Dogan
This is Nov. 6, 2008 photo made available Thursday June 3, 2010 by his family shows Furkan Dogan,... Expand
This is Nov. 6, 2008 photo made available Thursday June 3, 2010 by his family shows Furkan Dogan, the American citizen who was born in the U.S. in 1991, one of nine activists killed in Monday's pre-dawn military takeover of six aid ships by Israeli forces in the international waters of the Mediterranean Sea. Dogan's body was to be flown to his family's hometown of Kayseri for burial late Thursday, June 3, 2010, the state-run Anatolia News Agency reported. Collapse
(Dogan Family Archive/AP Photo)

Dogan was a high school student studying social sciences in the town of Kayseri in central Turkey. He was born in Troy, N.Y., and moved to Turkey at the age of 2. He will be buried in his hometown tomorrow.

Dogan's body was returned to Turkey today along with eight others, all Turkish nationals, who were on board the Mavi Marmara.

http://abcnews.go.com/WN/Media/american-killed-gaza-aid-flotilla/story?id=10814848

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kaelansmom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:26 PM

Oh.. looks like the asswipes got close enough to aim for the head.. apparently, this kid was a danger to them.. take no chances! Fucking idiots...

May the boy RIP and his family find the comfort they are going to need.

mrs_khan07
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:40 PM

Quoting Kaelansmom:

Oh.. looks like the asswipes got close enough to aim for the head.. apparently, this kid was a danger to them.. take no chances! Fucking idiots...

May the boy RIP and his family find the comfort they are going to need.

Agreed and bumping post.

Mrs. Khan

muslimah
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:42 PM

It's called overkill

Kaelansmom
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:44 PM

DH and my father say, to accidently hit the head is almost impossible ... it can be done though.. but, four times.. DH says that those soldiers had a chance to aim and then took fire... and yes, overkill...

muslimah
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Quoting Kaelansmom:

DH and my father say, to accidently hit the head is almost impossible ... it can be done though.. but, four times.. DH says that those soldiers had a chance to aim and then took fire... and yes, overkill...

And DH is right.

tericared
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 5:30 PM

That is just sickening..

muslimah
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:00 PM

Quoting tericared:

That is just sickening..

Kind of reminds you of what the F.B.I. did here in Detroit. Doesn't it? Over Kill.

tericared
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting tericared:

That is just sickening..

Kind of reminds you of what the F.B.I. did here in Detroit. Doesn't it? Over Kill.

Oh crap, you are right.....

muslimah
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Quoting tericared:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting tericared:

That is just sickening..

Oh crap, you are right.....

Speaking of which the autopsy of the police dog came back this week. I have an e-mail from Dswood Walid the director of the Michigan chapter of C.A.I.R. but have not time to look at it. I will forward it over to you later.

Gypsyuma
by Gold Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:25 PM

What a cutie..... I feel so bad for his family.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)