Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Beck Blames One Of Fox News’ Largest Shareholders, Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal, For 9/11

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:38 PM
  • 8 Replies

Beck Blames One Of Fox News’ Largest Shareholders, Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal, For 9/11

Glenn Beck and his employerOn his television program this afternoon, Glenn Beck declared that Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, the largest stockholder of Fox News outside of the Rupert Murdoch family, “flew … the plane into the trade centers.” Beck started his rant as a defense of Israel’s actions against the aid flotilla to Gaza, but eventually began hypothesizing about if a similar flotilla was sent to Manhattan by Saudi Arabia. Beck said this had already happened essentially, when Prince Alwaleed offered $10 million dollars to then-Mayor Rudy Giuliani (R-NY) in the wake of the 9/11 attacks.

Beck repeatedly burst into moral outrage, demanding why people are held “to a different standard” and why the media refused to be “consistent” with its reporting. Of course, during the course of his monologue, Beck never mentioned that the very Saudi Prince Beck accused of being behind the 9/11 attacks is a close friend of his own boss, Rupert Murdoch, or that Beck’s employment at Fox News is financed by that same Prince. Without a tinge of irony, Beck implored his listeners not to trust any offering of money from Prince Alwaleed, despite the fact his own salary depends on him:

BECK: Didn’t we almost kind of do that? Do you remember what happened right after 9/11 with Rudy Giuliani? Do you remember Saudi Arabia came and said, we want to help. This guy [pointing at Prince Alwaleed bin Talal al-Saud] came over and said ‘I want to give you a $10 million dollar check.’ Rudy Giuliani said, you see that over there? I don’t think we want your help. You already sent us help. And you flew that help into the plane, into the the trade centers. The same prince later blamed the U.S. policy for the attacks. Giuliani said, take your check, we don’t want your money. There is no way America, that if it was us, that we would allow that to happen. Why do we hold people to a different standard? [...]

BECK: We answered this question on the beating. We just have to be consistent.

Watch it:

Prince Alwaleed has grown close with the Murdoch enterprise, recently endorsingJames Murdoch to succeed his father and creating a content-sharing agreement with Fox News for his own media conglomerate, Rotana. As ThinkProgress has reported, many conservative activists have been enraged at Fox News for allowing Prince Alwaleed to dictate its content. For instance, Prince Alwaleed had boasted in the past about forcing Fox News to change its content relating to its coverage of riots in Paris. Curiously, Fox News has also rejected television ads criticizing America’s dependence on Middle East oil, a source of wealth for the Prince Alwaleed family.

BabyFruit Ticker

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 6:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
40isfun
by Christi on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:34 PM

I'm wondering is he stupid or just pretending to be.  LOL!

survivorinohio
by René on Jun. 3, 2010 at 9:13 PM

Wonder if HNN will take him back if Fox fires him?

Where do blow hards go when the run out of air?

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong, because sometime in life you will have been one or all of these. George Washington Carver

Lindseyfam5
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:02 PM

WTF!!  media matters ought to be ashamed of themselves, spewing these lies all over the web and you all believe this crap!!  Did anyone watch the show tonight??  I can certainly tell  you 3 didn't watch it...otherwise, you would see BECK SAID NOTHING AND IMPLIED NOTHING OF THE SORT!!

here is the whole show if you care to watch http://watchglennbeck.com/  and you'll find out for yourself.  Without comercials its not long.

BECK WAS USING A HYPOTHETICAL EXPLAINING WHY WE SHOULD STAND WITH ISRAEL - AN ANALOGY IF YOU WILL!!

He begin the story with "here is a hypothetical" HE ACTUALLY SAID THE WORDS!!  He was responding to Israel's extreme action taken towards the Flotilla.  Beck used "the saudi prince" as an example.  He placed NO blame!!!! 

A few days after 9/11, If the saudi prince offered to help us, we would have said "no thanks, keep your money, you have already given us too much and you flew them right into our buildings" (that wasn't the exact quote, I don't have my volume on my comp, but u can watch for yourself)----we were very emotional at that time and trusted no one and we all remember the rumors circulating.  This is what Israel is feeling. -- They don't know who they can trust...the guard is on extreme high alert!

Now, you may disagree with Beck's sympathy for Israel, that is all fine and dandy.....but, don't SPREAD LIES TO DISCREDIT THE MAN!! 

survivorinohio
by René on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:08 PM

Nope I didnt watch.  I used to catch Beck when he was on HLN or whatever he was before Nancy grace and she was doing casey anthony so I watched him.  The thing is that he was as nasty to the former administration as he is to the current if you ask me.  He is a good entertainer.

I dont think it was wise for him to draw a hypothetical using his bosses buddy...

Quoting Lindseyfam5:

WTF!!  media matters ought to be ashamed of themselves, spewing these lies all over the web and you all believe this crap!!  Did anyone watch the show tonight??  I can certainly tell  you 3 didn't watch it...otherwise, you would see BECK SAID NOTHING AND IMPLIED NOTHING OF THE SORT!!

here is the whole show if you care to watch http://watchglennbeck.com/  and you'll find out for yourself.  Without comercials its not long.

BECK WAS USING A HYPOTHETICAL EXPLAINING WHY WE SHOULD STAND WITH ISRAEL - AN ANALOGY IF YOU WILL!!

He begin the story with "here is a hypothetical" HE ACTUALLY SAID THE WORDS!!  He was responding to Israel's extreme action taken towards the Flotilla.  Beck used "the saudi prince" as an example.  He placed NO blame!!!! 

A few days after 9/11, If the saudi prince offered to help us, we would have said "no thanks, keep your money, you have already given us too much and you flew them right into our buildings" (that wasn't the exact quote, I don't have my volume on my comp, but u can watch for yourself)----we were very emotional at that time and trusted no one and we all remember the rumors circulating.  This is what Israel is feeling. -- They don't know who they can trust...the guard is on extreme high alert!

Now, you may disagree with Beck's sympathy for Israel, that is all fine and dandy.....but, don't SPREAD LIES TO DISCREDIT THE MAN!! 

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong, because sometime in life you will have been one or all of these. George Washington Carver

SxyMartini
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:17 PM

Tsk, tsk, tsk. Hasn’t Becky ever heard the phrase, ‘Don’t bite the hand that feeds you.’ Particularly if it is a Saudi Prince who OWNS YOU! Dumb a**

Lindseyfam5
by Bronze Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:25 PM

Quoting survivorinohio:

Nope I didnt watch.  I used to catch Beck when he was on HLN or whatever he was before Nancy grace and she was doing casey anthony so I watched him.  The thing is that he was as nasty to the former administration as he is to the current if you ask me.  He is a good entertainer.

I dont think it was wise for him to draw a hypothetical using his bosses buddy...

ok, you are forgiven then.  No, I am just fed up with the bullcrap by media matters.  Some is more legit, but most...they twist and distort into something closer to a lie. 

Don't get me wrong...beck's "the end is near" annoys me.  I like his fire and dedication to exposing the lies.  The man does his research and I truly believe he is sincere and not driven by ratings or dollars.  Plus, he has predicted a few things that have already come true -- due to close detailed anaysis and heavy research and not being afraid to challenge the popular party or by appeasing a certain audience....and I greatly admire that he will and has previously admitted when he was wrong.   

SxyMartini
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 10:35 PM

SxyMartini
by on Jun. 4, 2010 at 11:13 AM

Stewart Slams Glenn Beck For Lying About Flotilla Raid Footage (VIDEO)

Stewart took it to Glenn Beck last night. And as usual, it was ridiculously entertaining.

On a recent episode of his show, Beck was seen touting that Fox News was the only media outlet be bold enough to air footage of the Israeli flotilla raid.

It wasn't. Stewart proceeded to highlight the seemingly endless list of networks who had also aired the footage (everyone from CBS to Univision!). And making the lie even worse was the fact that all the instances came well before the airing of the Beck episode in question.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-june-3-2010/glenn-beck-airs-israeli-raid-footage

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)