Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WARNING for those on the east coast!

Posted by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:02 PM
  • 16 Replies

If you haven't been hit by the storm yet, prepare yourself. Ours just ended and we had winds up to 60 mph and our living room is flooded. One of the scariest storms (short of a tornado) that I have EVER been in. I'm still shaking. Please be careful and just stay home. The weather channel warned that it would be bad but there were no flood warnings and here I am trying to push water out of my house. I live in Baltimore, so if you are north/south-east of there, prepare yourself.

Mrs. Khan

by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BabayBella
by New Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:02 PM

muslimah
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:04 PM

I hope you don't have too much water damage.

mrs_khan07
by Silver Member on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:05 PM

Quoting muslimah:

It could be worse but my carpet will have to be replaced or we'll have mold. I'm so glad I rent. : )

Mrs. Khan

MamaScorpio88
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:06 PM

Yikes. Hopefully all is well.

*totally on the West coast, wondering about earthquakes*

muslimah
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:15 PM

Quoting mrs_khan07:

Quoting muslimah:

It could be worse but my carpet will have to be replaced or we'll have mold. I'm so glad I rent. : )

Shit that sucks and I'm sure insurance does not cover flood damage. Maybe you could go somewhere like Lowes (not Home Depo they are big time Zionist supports and send support to the israeli military) and get a Rug Doctor and suck it out or call a professional company to come in as soon as tomorrow.

katy_kay
by on Jun. 3, 2010 at 7:18 PM

wow, that's scary.  We get storms with high winds here but we don't get a lot of flash flooding. 

40isfun
by Christi on Jun. 3, 2010 at 8:32 PM

I'm in Prince George's County.  It passed though here already and it was bad but not that bad.  I hope the damage isn't going to cost you too much.

mrs_khan07
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:40 PM

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting mrs_khan07:

Quoting muslimah:

Shit that sucks and I'm sure insurance does not cover flood damage. Maybe you could go somewhere like Lowes (not Home Depo they are big time Zionist supports and send support to the israeli military) and get a Rug Doctor and suck it out or call a professional company to come in as soon as tomorrow.

I called my landlord today and they are taking care of it. That's a huge relief. We will have to shampoo the carpet but it needed to be done anyway. And I did not know that about Home Depo. That figures. Lowes is better anyway.

Mrs. Khan

mrs_khan07
by Silver Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Quoting 40isfun:

I'm in Prince George's County.  It passed though here already and it was bad but not that bad.  I hope the damage isn't going to cost you too much.

PG county, really? I used to live there. I'm in Anne Arundel now. But hubby works in College Park he said it wasn't too bad there. We got hit hard.

Mrs. Khan

WildKat
by Bronze Member on Jun. 4, 2010 at 12:42 PM

Thanks!  It looks like we'll be hit (up here in NH) with it tonight and over the wkend. 

Peace,

Kat

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)