Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Tea Party, ignorance galore.

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:28 AM
  • 16 Replies

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:28 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Jynnifer292
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 8:32 AM

I know that people are going to say, "oh, it's youtube" but these people are making statements and carrying signs opposing things that they have no CLUE about.

Lindseyfam5
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:04 AM

I definitely worry about some of the motives of the tea party "supporters"  and of course your going to have extremists on both sides.  When I attended one small tea party last year in April...I voiced my opinion when I heard some of the more partisan/hateful comments that took our group off message and portrayed us as the media has described many tp to be.  But, if you truly are interested in the message the majority of the tp goers are trying to spread, -which is essentially, smaller govt, then...i would urge you to look at youtube videos with peaceful messages.  Just as you saw tp supporters being hateful, you'll see the opposition being just as hateful  It goes both ways.  BOTH sides are equally guilty of i t!

I bet you will see however, with all this negative publicity, indeps/libs, start to drift away.  As, the message seems to be getting lost.

candlegal
by Judy on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:37 AM

I have gone to one tea party in San Antonio last year and everything was very peaceful and we did not have any extremists there with over 20,000 people there.  Of course, they did not show much of that on the msm.  Most of us just want the spending to stop and for those in Washington to remember that they are supposed to work for us, not the other way around.  Their salaries are being paid by us.

candlegal
by Judy on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:40 AM

You can find anything on youtube or other places.  I have seen just the opposite of these types of videos where they show people from the left that love Obama because he is going to pay their mortgage, car payments, etc. and when asked where they think this is going to come from they answer from his STASH.  Let's face it, ignorance is on both sides of the aisle.

Lindseyfam5
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 9:44 AM

It's like when the right was only showing videos during the election that portrayed Obama voters as clueless, bush haters.  "anything is better than bush"

Jynnifer292
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:00 AM

What I wonder is, why the hell do people protest ANYTHING when they have no clue what they are talking about?

candlegal
by Judy on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:02 AM

Let's be honest here, there are videos like that from both sides.

I was not 100% excited about everything that Bush did, he also spent way too much of our money, among other things.

Jynnifer292
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:08 AM

Quoting candlegal:

You can find anything on youtube or other places.  I have seen just the opposite of these types of videos where they show people from the left that love Obama because he is going to pay their mortgage, car payments, etc. and when asked where they think this is going to come from they answer from his STASH.  Let's face it, ignorance is on both sides of the aisle.

I have never seen one of those.

candlegal
by Judy on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:16 AM

I am getting ready to leave for work here real quick after Church. If I can remember later this week, I will find some of them so you can see how ridiculous they are.

benjix
by Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:21 AM

Just one question: With seeing all those people at the rallies, when do they work to make money?! to care for there family house bills ect.. and some are on free health care?! LOL I think the movement just weeds out the stupid and uneducated people of America.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)