Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Election of Hamas and the Bush Administration's Interference and Manipulation.

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:50 PM
  • 29 Replies

Many are unaware or ignore the idea that the US was involved in covert efforts against Hamas after Bush and others pushed for a "fair" election.  Read this and provide your thoughts.

The Gaza Bombshell

After failing to anticipate Hamas's victory over Fatah in the 2006 Palestinian election, the White House cooked up yet another scandalously covert and self-defeating Middle East debacle: part Iran-contra, part Bay of Pigs. With confidential documents, corroborated by outraged former and current U.S. officials, the author reveals how President Bush, Condoleezza Rice, and Deputy National-Security Adviser Elliott Abrams backed an armed force under Fatah strongman Muhammad Dahlan, touching off a bloody civil war in Gaza and leaving Hamas stronger than ever.

April 2008

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:50 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pvtjokerus
by Ruby Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Oppppssss....don't have to read no more....VanityFair....that says it all....

itsmesteph11
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:00 PM

Whatever,  don't know if it is true or what it means. Don't care either. Much more important things going on now that have nothing to do with BUSH or Hamas.

muslimah
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:11 PM

George Bush and the rest of Washington called for democracy based election and that they got, they just didn't like the result as it didn't play out how they had anticipated. They were sure they had it all wrapped up and Fatah would take the victory and it backfired in their face they didn't know how to react. Had they had any idea that a democracy based election in which the People voted was gonna go the way it did they never would have never pushed for it.

It gives new meaning to "Be careful what you wish for"

Had these elections taken place 6 or 7 years Pryor Fatah probably would have won but after so many years of political and financial corruption the people just got sick of it. Fatah was no longer doing anything to help the Palestinians but was more concerned with lining their own pockets.

With their backs against a wall and only 2 choices to choose from the Palestinians chose the party that offered them much needed social services. They chose who was going to put food on their table, provide education, employment, and health care.

Ultimately it did end up doing more harm than good due to the ridiculous and inhuman sanctions put on Hamas ruled Gaza that does not effect or harm the government of Hamas but it effects the people of Gaza who are being starved.

But wasn't that the original motive of israel in the first place, to rid the land of "dirty Arabs"? When ethnic cleansing didn't eliminate them they resorted to starving them and what better excuse to use than Hamas.

here is a list of what israel forbids the people of Gaza to have. Judge for yourself... is this list consisted of items intended to take out a government or the innocent people (the civilians)?

• sage
  • cardamom
  • cumin
  • coriander
  • ginger
  • jam
  • halva
  • vinegar
  • nutmeg
  • chocolate
  • fruit preserves
  • seeds and nuts
  • biscuits and sweets
  • potato chips
  • gas for soft drinks
  • dried fruit
  • fresh meat
  • plaster
  • tar
  • wood for construction
  • cement
  • iron
  • glucose
  • industrial salt
  • plastic/glass/ metal containers
  • industrial margarine
  • tarpaulin sheets for huts
  • fabric (for clothing)
  • flavor and smell enhancers
  • fishing rods
  • various fishing nets
  • buoys
  • ropes for fishing
  • nylon nets for greenhouses
  • hatcheries and spare parts for hatcheries
  • spare parts for tractors
  • dairies for cowsheds
  • irrigation pipe systems
  • ropes to tie greenhouses
  • planters for saplings
  • heaters for chicken farms
  • musical instruments
  • size A4 paper
  • writing implements
  • notebooks
  • newspapers
  • toys
  • razors
  • sewing machines and spare parts
  • heaters
  • horses
  • donkeys
  • goats
  • cattle
  • chicks
  •  

Della529
    by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:16 PM

Quoting muslimah:

George Bush and the rest of Washington called for democracy based election and that they got, they just didn't like the result as it didn't play out how they had anticipated. They were sure they had it all wrapped up and Fatah would take the victory and it backfired in their face they didn't know how to react. Had they had any idea that a democracy based election in which the People voted was gonna go the way it did they never would have never pushed for it.

Had these elections taken place 6 or 7 years Pryor Fatah probably would have won but after so many years of political and financial corruption the people just got sick of it. Fatah was no longer doing anything to help the Palestinians but was more concerned with lining their own pockets.

With their backs against a wall and only 2 choices to choose from the Palestinians chose the party that offered them much needed social services. They chose who was going to put food on their table, provide education, employment, and health care.

Ultimately it did end up doing more harm than good due to the ridiculous and inhuman sanctions put on Hamas ruled Gaza that does not effect or harm the government of Hamas but it effects the people of Gaza who are being starved.

But wasn't that the original motive of israel in the first place, to rid the land of "dirty Arabs"? When ethnic cleansing didn't eliminate them they resorted to starving them and what better excuse to use than Hamas.

here is a list of what israel forbids the people of Gaza to have. Judge for yourself... is this list consisted of items intended to take out a government or the innocent people (the civilians)?

• sage
  • cardamom
  • cumin
  • coriander
  • ginger
  • jam
  • halva
  • vinegar
  • nutmeg
  • chocolate
  • fruit preserves
  • seeds and nuts
  • biscuits and sweets
  • potato chips
  • gas for soft drinks
  • dried fruit
  • fresh meat
  • plaster
  • tar
  • wood for construction
  • cement
  • iron
  • glucose
  • industrial salt
  • industrial margarine
  • fabric (for clothing)
  • fishing rods
  • various fishing nets
  • buoys
  • ropes for fishing
  • dairies for cowsheds
  • planters for saplings
  • musical instruments
  • size A4 paper
  • writing implements
  • notebooks
  • newspapers
  • toys
  • razors
  • heaters
  • horses
  • donkeys
  • goats
  • cattle
  • chicks
  •  

That list pisses me off.  They claim to be a "humanitarian" and "democractic" government, but they ban these items. 

Della529
    by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:18 PM

Quoting pvtjokerus:

Oppppssss....don't have to read no more....VanityFair....that says it all....

You won't read an article because it came from Vanity Fair, or because you simply don't want to look at how our government manipulates and interferes on behalf of Israel?

Della529
    by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Quoting itsmesteph11:

Whatever,  don't know if it is true or what it means. Don't care either. Much more important things going on now that have nothing to do with BUSH or Hamas.

Apparently, you aren't paying much attention to what's happening in the ME that will directly affect us.  Including the fact that Israel is requesting MILLIONS in additional monies and weapons while our economy continues to suffer.

mamadixon
    by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:25 PM

I honestly don't know what to think in this whole situation. I will not pretend to understand every nuance that has gotten us where we are today. However, I do see serious human rights crimes against the Palestinians and have seen serious retaliation from Hamas (whether deserved or not).One thing I know for sure is that WE absolutely should not be FUNDING either side.

muslimah
    by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:33 PM

Quoting Della529:

Quoting muslimah:

• sage
  • cardamom
  • cumin
  • coriander
  • ginger
  • jam
  • halva
  • vinegar
  • nutmeg
  • chocolate
  • fruit preserves
  • seeds and nuts
  • biscuits and sweets
  • potato chips
  • gas for soft drinks
  • dried fruit
  • fresh meat
  • plaster
  • tar
  • wood for construction
  • cement
  • iron
  • glucose
  • industrial salt
  • industrial margarine
  • fabric (for clothing)
  • fishing rods
  • various fishing nets
  • buoys
  • ropes for fishing
  • dairies for cowsheds
  • planters for saplings
  • musical instruments
  • size A4 paper
  • writing implements
  • notebooks
  • newspapers
  • toys
  • razors
  • heaters
  • horses
  • donkeys
  • goats
  • cattle
  • chicks
  •  

That list pisses me off.  They claim to be a "humanitarian" and "democractic" government, but they ban these items. 

Della these are not the only items that are ban. This only the partial list that is made known to the public. Nobody except only a few in high up israeli government even know what is on the full list. It is a top secret and not even the U.N. has seen it.

Della529
    by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:38 PM

I'm impressed, MamaD.

As an aside, did you see my response to you about the group Lonestar and their song, "On my front porch looking in"?  I can't remember which post (I have brain-overload), but thought I'd ask.

Quoting mamadixon:

I honestly don't know what to think in this whole situation. I will not pretend to understand every nuance that has gotten us where we are today. However, I do see serious human rights crimes against the Palestinians and have seen serious retaliation from Hamas (whether deserved or not).One thing I know for sure is that WE absolutely should not be FUNDING either side.

Della529
    by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 2:40 PM

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting Della529:

Quoting muslimah:

• sage
  • cardamom
  • cumin
  • coriander
  • ginger
  • jam
  • halva
  • vinegar
  • nutmeg
  • chocolate
  • fruit preserves
  • seeds and nuts
  • biscuits and sweets
  • potato chips
  • gas for soft drinks
  • dried fruit
  • fresh meat
  • plaster
  • tar
  • wood for construction
  • cement
  • iron
  • glucose
  • industrial salt
  • industrial margarine
  • fabric (for clothing)
  • fishing rods
  • various fishing nets
  • buoys
  • ropes for fishing
  • dairies for cowsheds
  • planters for saplings
  • musical instruments
  • size A4 paper
  • writing implements
  • notebooks
  • newspapers
  • toys
  • razors
  • heaters
  • horses
  • donkeys
  • goats
  • cattle
  • chicks
  •  

Della these are not the only items that are ban. This only the partial list that is made known to the public. Nobody except only a few in high up israeli government even know what is on the full list. It is a top secret and not even the U.N. has seen it.

It doesn't surprise me.  Nothing Israel does surprises me anymore.

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)