Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

So the submissive wife post got me thinking.....

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:49 PM
  • 38 Replies

Poll

Question: Would you make your man go see a hard core chick flick?

Options:

Of course! Why Not?

Yes, if he were in the dog house!

Yes, he is just a nice guy and wants to be with me no matter what we do!

No! Any man who would do that is no man at all!

No, Im just not that mean!

No, I wouldnt want to see it with him anyway!

Other

Only group members can vote in this poll.

Total Votes: 44

View Results

I went to the Sex and the City 2 movie (it was awful) and there were women who had dragged their boyfriends or husbands there and the guys actually went. I was thinking "my DH would NEVER EVER go to a sex and the city movie and I wouldnt want him to. I say, any guy who would allow his manhood to be cut off like that isnt man enough for me". Am i a total B**** for thinking this? 2 of the girls i was with agreed with me and the others 2 didnt. so....

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:49 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Chick
by New Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 3:55 PM

I don't see the big deal, dh sees movies that I want to see sometimes bc I watch his movies sometimes, it's only fair. Has nothing to do with being a man. (Not that it matters in this post really but I do believe in being submisive, but my dh treats me with as much respect as I do him, in regard to everything, even stupid things like movies)

ThatTXMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:08 PM

I answered other.  I wouldn't ask him to for a couple of reasons.  #1 - I hate movie theaters and if I even venture past the door, it must be something I really want to see. That has happend maybe 4 times in 16 years.  #2 - I do not like chick flicks myself, torturing him would be self torture. 

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:31 PM
My husband hates Carrie for the way she treated Aidan so there is no way he would go :).
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fnpdocgrrl
by Boudica on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Only if he showed genuine interest.  This has happened at times.

Otherwise?  Nah.  It would take away from my own enjoyment knowing he wasn't happy about it.

That said...most "full-blown chick flicks" are just not my cup o' tea!

DVD
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:36 PM

Quoting LauraKW:

My husband hates Carrie for the way she treated Aidan so there is no way he would go :).

laughingNow thats funny! lol

Dzyre1115
by Gold Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 4:38 PM

~Other~ I don't make my husband do anything and he treats me the same.  BLISS!!!

Redteux
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:09 PM

My hubby has actually dragged me to hard-core chick flicks, because he knew I wanted to see it, and he knew I would never insist he take me.

So out of consideration for me, he threw himself upon the altar of marital peace LOL!!!!

And out of consideration for him, I paid him back properly later that night!!

fnpdocgrrl
by Boudica on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:12 PM

Oh!  You perve you:)  Heh heh.....I am liking you better and better all the time:)

Quoting Redteux:

My hubby has actually dragged me to hard-core chick flicks, because he knew I wanted to see it, and he knew I would never insist he take me.

So out of consideration for me, he threw himself upon the altar of marital peace LOL!!!!

Redteux
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:14 PM

Bribery and extortion are accepted currencies in this house LOL!!!!!

Quoting fnpdocgrrl:

Oh!  You perve you:)  Heh heh.....I am liking you better and better all the time:)

Quoting Redteux:

cjsbmom
by Lois Lane on Jun. 13, 2010 at 5:25 PM

Actually, there are some "chick flick" movies my DH would like to see. If it's something he wants to see, then we'll go. But I'd never force him to go along. That's childish, IMO.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)