Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Collapsing the system

Posted by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:34 PM
  • 6 Replies

Has the govt and special interest groups been implementing policies over the years to collapse the system??  We are seeing a huge increase in spending at a time in which we should greatly reduce our spending.  What do you think??

by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-6):
SassyPainter
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:39 PM

If the system collapses, it is not due to government spending.  It is way more complicated than that.  And don't you remember that the last administration spent a lot too?  Economists have been talking for the last two decades that this capitalistic system may not be sustainable if it is too unregulated.   

Lindseyfam5
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:43 PM

I am not sold, but I do think this could be possible, as I am not seeing enough urgency by our govt.....but, I also think the potus is extremely arrogant and his priorities aren't necessarily in order. 

I certainly don't think the govt is innocent.  I greatly believe they have their own agenda and are willing to do whatever it takes to acheive it.

Lindseyfam5
by Bronze Member on Jun. 13, 2010 at 10:57 PM

Quoting SassyPainter:

If the system collapses, it is not due to government spending.  It is way more complicated than that.  And don't you remember that the last administration spent a lot too?  Economists have been talking for the last two decades that this capitalistic system may not be sustainable if it is too unregulated.   

Govt spending would absolutely aid in the collapse of the system!  Ya, I do remember the govt spending in the previous administration, also the previous admin, initiated the bailouts...your point??

I find it strange that our govt was completely oblivious to the rise in the GDP, when they forced banks to give loans to almost anyone....of course the healthcare system was going to fail, when every hospital is forced to care for anyone without insurance (including illegals)...the wars and all the millions we give in aid ---  We export nothing and our taxes have stayed the same --- it doesn't take a rocket scientist. I refuse to believe these people are stupid!!  Of course not, they have top economists in their ears and every report available on their desks.  So, WHY haven't things been planned to sustain our current system??

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:00 PM

It is all due to not enough regulation...  are economy cannot survive if all we do is spend spend spend...

(and I am not speaking of just the current administration... I am speaking of all past administrations adn the large amount of spending MANY of them have done)

SassyPainter
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:06 PM
Quoting Lindseyfam5:

I am not sold, but I do think this could be possible, as I am not seeing enough urgency by our govt.....but, I also think the potus is extremely arrogant and his priorities aren't necessarily in order. 

I certainly don't think the govt is innocent.  I greatly believe they have their own agenda and are willing to do whatever it takes to acheive it.

Well, what about wallstreet looting the country?  Were you paying attention to any of that?  The economy was on the brink of collapse at the end of the last administration.  Our current administration may not be perfect, but it is not trying to collapse the economy.  The economy may indeed collapse, but the administration has had good intentions.  I think it would have been better to let everything collapse instead of bailing out wallstreet, but the government didn't feel it had a choice.  But, I think a collapse is inevitable, as it is all a house of cards.  Again, our whole economic system is not sustainable.  Our middle class is disappearing.  We don't produce anything here anymore.  Jobs are becomming fewer and fewer.  If you want to blame something, you can blame deregulation that has allowed corporations way too much power. 

SassyPainter
by on Jun. 13, 2010 at 11:10 PM

Quoting Lindseyfam5:

Quoting SassyPainter:

Govt spending would absolutely aid in the collapse of the system!  Ya, I do remember the govt spending in the previous administration, also the previous admin, initiated the bailouts...your point??

I find it strange that our govt was completely oblivious to the rise in the GDP, when they forced banks to give loans to almost anyone....of course the healthcare system was going to fail, when every hospital is forced to care for anyone without insurance (including illegals)...the wars and all the millions we give in aid ---  We export nothing and our taxes have stayed the same --- it doesn't take a rocket scientist. I refuse to believe these people are stupid!!  Of course not, they have top economists in their ears and every report available on their desks.  So, WHY haven't things been planned to sustain our current system??

Government spending is a problem, yes.  I was just saying that it isn't the country's biggest problem that would cause it all to collapse.  But yes you're right it is a very big part of the problem.  But, I think it matters what the government is spending the money on. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)