• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The state of consistancy.

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:10 PM
  • 12 Replies

Our modern government has proved themselves to be unwilling to find equilibrium when it comes to politics.  And both parties are to blame.  For decades most of society has been in denial about the true state of this country.  How can America have a stable government when we have two parties that fight among themselves.  For decades we have been dealing with either radical conservatism or radical liberalism.

There can't be consistancy in a nation that is run on two parties that don't get along.  Something drastic needs to be done.  What ever happened to the government for the people and not special interests?  I would like to be optomistic and believe that someday this belief will return.  I know I don't want my children to have to grow up in a country that is greedy and corrupt.

The only way that we as a society and nation can change this diseased government is to begin to stand up for what is right and just.  America is in desperate need of a third party.  And I would go as far as saying that we need even more choices.  Yes, we do have other parties but they are not given the same chance to voice their political beliefs.

I know that some may not agree with me and that is okay.  I honestly feel that both of the main parties have failed us greatly.  And not only failed us but have tried to make excuses or cover up their mistakes.  The least that they could do is admit to their faults.  It is illogical to expect our nation to fix itself when we have two parties that are so radically different.  There has to be a middle ground. 

Enough with the lies, greed, and corruption!  America deserves better!  I love this country too much, but I fear what the government is capable of doing to it.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
OhiogirlinCali
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:14 PM

Well said. 

bakebiscotti
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:16 PM

Well of course they are radically different.  That's how they are designed.  I agree a third or fourth party would be a election altering thing

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:26 PM
Just curious how other parties are not given the same chances to voice their beliefs?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bakebiscotti
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Lack of $$$$ and RNC and the DNC throwing their collective weight around

Quoting LauraKW:

Just curious how other parties are not given the same chances to voice their beliefs?

ThatTXMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:28 PM

I agree somewhat.  However two parties ensure checks and balances.  Without a second (or third) party, you have do not have checks and balances.  So, if anything... and here is where I agree with you... we need more parties not less.  And the parties DO need to oppose each other to ensure that one party doesn't run rampant over the people. Unfortunately, what we have now is one party with two heads.  We are like Siamese twins with each wanting to go a different direction and the body stuck in the middle being torn apart.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:40 PM
But that doesn't really explain why other groups can't make their voices heard.

Quoting bakebiscotti:

Quoting LauraKW:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
bakebiscotti
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Sure it does.  Without the ok from the 2 main parties, the message is not going to be heard.  remember last election, NBC was going to host a debate and invited all the participants, at the last second they uninvited the Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich.  Power brokers from the 2 main parties were behind that one. 

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting bakebiscotti:

Quoting LauraKW:

ThatTXMom
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:43 PM

Becasue when they do make their voices heard, they get called radicals and loons (think TEA party)

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting bakebiscotti:

Quoting LauraKW:

mommibee
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 12:54 PM

Yes they do.  And how is that giving the other parties a chance if they are labeled as loons...and I am not just speaking of the tea party.  Most of society has been conditioned to disregard more than the two party system.  That is why so many people are getting disgusted with the lack of government consistency.

Quoting ThatTXMom:

Becasue when they do make their voices heard, they get called radicals and loons (think TEA party)

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting bakebiscotti:

Quoting LauraKW:

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:05 PM
That is where I thought you were going, but I wasn't sure. Thanks for clarifying :).

Quoting bakebiscotti:

Sure it does.  Without the ok from the 2 main parties, the message is not going to be heard.  remember last election, NBC was going to host a debate and invited all the participants, at the last second they uninvited the Ron Paul and Dennis Kucinich.  Power brokers from the 2 main parties were behind that one. 

Quoting LauraKW:

Quoting bakebiscotti:

Quoting LauraKW:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)