Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have You Ever Visited.......

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:45 PM
  • 59 Replies

A Refugee Camp ?

These people used to have a home, their own property, maybe a farm, orchard, or some other kind of business. They used to live in a neighborhood/village before evicted along with millions of others who were mass evicted so their homes, whole neighborhoods, and villages could be bulldozed to make way for new immigrant, israeli settlement.

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 1:45 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:02 PM
No, I haven't. I would like to do so, and take my children.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tericared
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:03 PM

No, and most Americans would fight to the death to keep what they have and not be put into one...

muslimah
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:05 PM

Quoting LauraKW:

I bet it would teach them to appreciate what most kids (including my own) take for granted.

muslimah
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:07 PM

Quoting tericared:

No, and most Americans would fight to the death to keep what they have and not be put into one...

Of course they would. They would fight till their very last breath to keep from being reduced to this while some else steals their home and everything they own.

Anyone who says otherwise is a liar.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:18 PM
My children have seen homeless people and we have discussed overall homelessness with them before. But a couple of years ago we were in downtown Philly and we walked by a homeless woman and her three young children on our way to the Hard Rock Cafe. We spent close to $100 on one meal while a woman and her kids sat in the cold about 20 yards away. We all had a long talk that night.

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting LauraKW:

I bet it would teach them to appreciate what most kids (including my own) take for granted.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Della529
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:18 PM

If anyone tried to take my property and home by force, they damn sure better be prepared for one hekk of a fight.  And any American who says otherwise is a LIAR!

Gypsyuma
by Gold Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 2:34 PM

I have seen the Afghan refugees and how they live in Pakistan..... and I can tell you it is heartbreaking.  They construct make-shift shelters out of twigs and scrap pieces of fabric and garbage bags.  There is no running water.... electricity.......or sewer system where they live.  It is positively medieval. 

Which is how Gazans are being forced to live..... as punishment for taking part in the democratic process and voting for who THEY FELT would best represent them and somehow end their oppression and occupation.  The nerve of them.

sineado39
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:47 PM

I have been to Dachau, and Auswitch(sp) But not to a camp where people are living currently

tericared
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:55 PM

BUMP!

Forget-me-not
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 3:57 PM
Yes, I worked a lot in gypsy villages in Romania.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)