Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Palestinian murderers of Americans claim another victim

Posted by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:26 PM
  • 261 Replies

And the Palestinians want our understanding...as they kill another AMERICAN.

June 21, 2010

Palestinian murderers of Americans claim another victim

Benyamin Korn

Palestinian terrorists murdered another American citizen last week.  This time it took them seven years to do it.

Steve Averbach, then 37, was severely wounded in a Palestinian terrorist attack on a Jerusalem bus in May 2003.  Last week, after seven years of agony, paralysis, and endless surgeries, Steve succumbed to his wounds.

Palestinian terrorists -- sometimes from the "extremist" Hamas, sometimes from our "peace partners" Fatah -- have murdered over one hundred American citizens since the 1960s.

The victims have come from all walks of life.  Averbach was a family man, father of four, a Jewish immigrant from a New Jersey suburb.  Some of the victims have been students, some tourists, some residents.  Most of them are Jews, but there have been quite a few Christians, too.  Children, housewives, the elderly - you name the type, you can find them on the list of victims.  

What they all have in common is that they have been forgotten.

Forgotten by President Obama, who last week announced another gift of $400-million in no-strings-attached aid to the Palestinian Authority.

Forgotten by the Justice Department, which has a much-ballyhooed office for pursuing foreign terrorists who kill Americans - yet has never indicted a single Palestinian killer.

Forgotten by the journalists who never, ever raise the issue of American victims of Palestinian terrorism when they cover the State Department's daily press briefings, or press conferences with Palestinian leaders, or anywhere else.

Forgotten, too, by American Jewish organizations. For a time, some of them seemed interested in the matter.  But they have long since moved on to other issues.

Steve Averbach now has the dubious distinction of being twice forgotten.  If Americans who have been murdered by Palestinian terrorists have been almost entirely abandoned, Americans who were wounded in such attacks have been even more neglected, if that is possible.  Do a Google search and see how many times Averbach's name was mentioned in the mainstream press during the seven years following the attack.

In many cases, the wounded will suffer for the rest of their lives.  They may have lost a limb, or undergone the trauma of repeated reconstructive surgery, or had their lives shattered in a thousand ways by the shock and pain they endured.  And in some cases, like Steve's, they finally slip away.

Please do not forget those who do not show up in the official casualty statistics.  The orphans, the widows and widowers, parents who have lost a child, the children who have lost a sibling.  Who can measure their suffering?  

And who can comprehend what it means to these families to not only endure such a loss, but to watch helplessly as the killers walk free?  Not only do they walk free - some serve in the Palestinian Authority's police force or other government agencies.  One is even a deputy minister.

I was touched to learn of the individuals who took an interest in Steve Averbach.  Actor Christopher Reeve, himself paralyzed in a horse-riding accident, visited him in the hospital.  Montreal rabbi Emanuel Forman and Dawson College student Sean Bernstein raised funds to defray some of Steve's medical costs.  Canadian scholar Gil Troy visited and befriended him.  

Our political leaders, journalists, and Jewish organizations should learn from their example.  Here are a few simple ideas, for starters:

• President Obama should deduct Steve Averbach's medical expenses from that $400-million check to the Palestinians.
  • Jewish American leaders who meet with Palestinian officials - like the group who just met with President Mahmoud Abbas - should demand the extradition of Steve's killers.   
  • The journalists who attend the State Department's daily press briefing should ask, every day, when the first Palestinian murderer of an American citizen will finally be indicte
  • And the mayor of New York City should proclaim the street in front of the Palestine Liberation Organization's Manhattan office "Steve Averbach Street."

butterfly on headlynda  

by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:26 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
pistils
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:51 PM

lynda-

To many Palestinian Arabs, it is just fine to murder people at random in support of their cause.  And often that is santioned by their religious leaders.  A former grand-mufti of Jerusalem was quote as advocating Moslems "Kill a Jew, anywhere in the world", and he is hardly alone in that sentiment.  I am unaware of Arab political leaders or Moslem religious leaders as coming out and forthrightly condeming the murder of non-combatants.

May Steve Averbach- whose name was unfamiliar to me- rest in peace.

rb

muslimah
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:52 PM

Well at least the United States will recognise when an American citizen is murdered in another country just as they will in Palestine, Iran, North Korea, China or anywhere else ( as they should except for when it is israel and the murder is at the hands of an israeli then not only will the U.S. not recognise it as a murder but no one is held accountable.

Just as the U.S should recognise when a Palestinian murders an American they should recognise when an American citizen is killed in any country and someone should always be held accountable but this is where the U.S. puts it's own citizens on the back burner.

I have no problem with Palestinians doing what they have to do to defend their own personal homes, farms, and orchards and their life up against not only an occupier but an occupier that has a military, an army, a navy, an air force and is heavily backed with state of the are weaponry including bombs of White Phosphorus (which is a war crime) when the Palestinian has no military and has to stand against one with whatever homemade makeshift weapons they can get their hands on including stones, bottle rockets, and whatever obsolete weapon they can smuggle in through a tunnel.

What I do have a problem with is when someone who is not occupying them, evicting them, oppressing them, and trying to starve them out is murdered or harmed in which case would be a foreigner unless of course they are there to take up arms in the israeli occupying military.

Anyone who is over there whether it be on vacation, business, humanitarian work, etc. and is not part of the occupation and not one of the oppressors should not lose their life and if they do it should never go unaccounted for whether the unjustafied murder is at the hands of a Palestinian or an occupying israeli.

muslimah
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 5:58 PM

Quoting pistils:

lynda-

To many Palestinian Arabs, it is just fine to murder people at random in support of their cause.  And often that is santioned by their religious leaders.  A former grand-mufti of Jerusalem was quote as advocating Moslems "Kill a Jew, anywhere in the world", and he is hardly alone in that sentiment.  I am unaware of Arab political leaders or Moslem religious leaders as coming out and forthrightly condeming the murder of non-combatants.

May Steve Averbach- whose name was unfamiliar to me- rest in peace.

rb

You are not aware that the British appointed Grand Mufti Husseini was also guilty of murdering Arabs for having interactions with Jews. Arabs and Jews  (the REAL Semites) not the generics from Europe and the U.S. were working together in development of Palestine and the British appointed Grand Mufti had them all slaughtered Arabs and Jews both and he did not care one bit about it setting Palestine back.

I also must add that if I came to your home with a weapon to the chest of your children and told you to get your family and get out and leave everything you own that you would fight with all you got in defence of your family and home and if you say you would not then you are a liar.

tweety101149
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:04 PM

Quoting muslimah:

Well at least the United States will recognise when an American citizen is murdered in another country just as they will in Palestine, Iran, North Korea, China or anywhere else ( as they should except for when it is israel and the murder is at the hands of an israeli then not only will the U.S. not recognise it as a murder but no one is held accountable.

Just as the U.S should recognise when a Palestinian murders an American they should recognise when an American citizen is killed in any country and someone should always be held accountable but this is where the U.S. puts it's own citizens on the back burner.

I have no problem with Palestinians doing what they have to do to defend their own personal homes, farms, and orchards and their life up against not only an occupier but an occupier that has a military, an army, a navy, an air force and is heavily backed with state of the are weaponry including bombs of White Phosphorus (which is a war crime) when the Palestinian has no military and has to stand against one with whatever homemade makeshift weapons they can get their hands on including stones, bottle rockets, and whatever obsolete weapon they can smuggle in through a tunnel.

What I do have a problem with is when someone who is not occupying them, evicting them, oppressing them, and trying to starve them out is murdered or harmed in which case would be a foreigner unless of course they are there to take up arms in the israeli occupying military.

Anyone who is over there whether it be on vacation, business, humanitarian work, etc. and is not part of the occupation and not one of the oppressors should not lose their life and if they do it should never go unaccounted for whether the unjustafied murder is at the hands of a Palestinian or an occupying israeli.

So in your mind you are saying anyone that visists Israel it is ok to MURDER them?    Palestinians justify MURDER?????  I can really see your sympathies do not lie with Americans......Nice to know.....what a shame......If this is your mind set in no wonder you justify Murder......... 

butterfly on headlynda  

Mandipants
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:09 PM

That didn't take you long.

Shall we rename this group "Support Israel or Else?" lol at you.

Can you source this please. I really don't care for copy and paste with no source. Oh wait nevermind I did it myself http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2010/06/palestinian_murderers_of_ameri.html

It's tragic and terrible that these things happen in Palestine. They shouldn't be happening at all. What I don't get is that it's okay for a President to support Israel, but it isn't okay for a President to recognize that Palestine needs aid too. How come? Why does it have to be all or nothing? Human rights atrocities are human rights atrocities whether you are a non thinking christian conservative or not. 

muslimah
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:15 PM

Quoting tweety101149:

Quoting muslimah:

So in your mind you are saying anyone that visists Israel it is ok to MURDER them?    Palestinians justify MURDER?????  I can really see your sympathies do not lie with Americans......Nice to know.....what a shame......If this is your mind set in no wonder you justify Murder......... 

No I did not say that. I said Palestinians hold the right to defend themselves against the occupier and the oppressor which would be the israelis even though they stand and fight with all they got against a military when they themselves do not have a military.

I made myself very clear on that.

I also made myself very clear that to kill a non occupier or non oppressor is not acceptable and it should be recognised and accountability should be held.

It is when the murder of an American citizen or anyone else for that matter is at the hands of an israeli that the U.S. turns a blind eye and it is only when a murder is at the hands of an israeli that an American citizens life means nothing to the U.S. all in the name of their loyalty and support for what they call israel.

The only time a murder is justafied is when it is in defence, against occupaion, oppression, and a just war. The israelis are both occupiers and oppressors and I will ask you the same question I asked they other poster although you will dodge the question like you did last time....

If I showed up at your house and put an assault weapon to the chest of your child and ordered you out in nothing but the clothes you were standing in so I could bulldoze your home along with the rest of your neighborhood would you not fight with everything you got?

Go a head and say you wouldn't so I can call you a liar.

tericared
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 6:17 PM

Quoting tweety101149:

Quoting muslimah:

Cant you read?

tscritch
by Silver Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:10 PM

I am going to go out on a limb and say this isn't your "both sides are good" post?

tweety101149
by Platinum Member on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Quoting tscritch:

I am going to go out on a limb and say this isn't your "both sides are good" post?

nO  this is not that post, BuT, evidently you didn't care to read it...as the the title was pasted below my comments in the other thread.   Strange we only see what we want to see.  

butterfly on headlynda  

muslimah
by on Jun. 26, 2010 at 7:16 PM

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting tweety101149:

Quoting muslimah:

No I did not say that. I said Palestinians hold the right to defend themselves against the occupier and the oppressor which would be the israelis even though they stand and fight with all they got against a military when they themselves do not have a military.

I made myself very clear on that.

I also made myself very clear that to kill a non occupier or non oppressor is not acceptable and it should be recognised and accountability should be held.

It is when the murder of an American citizen or anyone else for that matter is at the hands of an israeli that the U.S. turns a blind eye and it is only when a murder is at the hands of an israeli that an American citizens life means nothing to the U.S. all in the name of their loyalty and support for what they call israel.

The only time a murder is justified is when it is in defence, against occupation, oppression, and a just war. The israelis are both occupiers and oppressors and I will ask you the same question I asked they other poster although you will dodge the question like you did last time....

If I showed up at your house and put an assault weapon to the chest of your child and ordered you out in nothing but the clothes you were standing in so I could bulldoze your home along with the rest of your neighborhood would you not fight with everything you got?

Go a head and say you wouldn't so I can call you a liar.

Told ya you would dodge the question just like you always do.

It isn't such a nice thought when you picture it as your children, yourself, your home, and your belongings is it?

You can't see yourself evicted and in a refugee camp can you?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)