• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

US denies secret talks with Hamas

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:11 AM
  • 16 Replies

White House rejects Al-Quds Al-Arabi report saying officials asked group to keep talks classified

Yitzhak Benhorin

Published:  06.26.10, 10:37 / Israel News

The US denied on Saturday reports by an Arab newspaper saying officials were holding secret talks with Hamas.

Assistant White House Press Secretary Tommy Vietor said the story was "inaccurate", and that it was unfortunate the paper's editors neglected to request a comment by the US administration.

According to the report published by Al-Quds Al-Arabi Friday, official and unofficial US sources have asked the Hamas to refrain from making any statements regarding contacts with Washington, following reports that a senior American official is due to arrive in an Arab country in the coming days to relay a telegram from the administration.

A senior Hamas figure told the newspaper that the Americans fear discussing the talks publicly would "rouse the Jewish lobby and other pressure groups in the US and cause them to pressure the administration to suspend all talks with Hamas".

Hamas has been blacklisted by the US State Department, which considers it a terror organization and has made it illegal for any US official to meet with its leaders. But the group has been attempting to gain worldwide legitimacy through international relations.

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-3910827,00.html

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:11 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
muslimah
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 1:31 AM

I got the memo too but I was in my lazy moods and saved it in my favorites figuring I would post it tomorrow.

BTW since the U.S. has determined that Hamas is a terrorist organization talks with them are supposed to be off limits as it is considered "negotiating with terrorist" and that is why up until now they have only tried to negotiate a bull shit "peace talks" with Fatah of the West Bank (the former P.L.O.)  currently also known as the Palestinian Authority.

No wonder the U.S. wanted to keep it under wraps. Well good for who ever narked them out.

I can't wait to see where this goes.

tericared
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:05 AM

I do wonder who spilled the beans...

No wonder the U.S. wanted to keep it under wraps. Well good for who ever narked them out.

muslimah
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:09 AM

Quoting tericared:

Could it be Fatah.... oh I mean the P.L.O. since that is who they are.

tericared
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:40 AM

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting tericared:

Well they are rivals and dire enemies...

muslimah
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 3:08 AM

Quoting tericared:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting tericared:

Well they are rivals and dire enemies...

Don't you just love it when the some people falsely accuse us of being supporters of Fatah (P.L.O.) out of one side of their mouth while falsely accusing us of also being Hamas supporters out of the other side of their mouth because they don't even have the knowledge to know that they are enemies and on opposite sides of the occupation?

tericared
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 2:33 PM

BUMP!

muslimah
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 7:14 AM

bump

JoshiRachelsMom
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 7:18 AM

He should just lick their balls on television for the world to see instead of kissing their asses behind closed doors.

muslimah
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 7:53 AM

Quoting JoshiRachelsMom:

He should just lick their balls on television for the world to see instead of kissing their asses behind closed doors.

Your funny. You really do make me laugh sometimes like now I almost spit out my coffee.

I really don't think there much that he does do that is not behind closed doors.

Now if Hamas (like they said a long time ago) is to renounce terrorism like Fatah did and be an active government like they have stated there intentions were but were denied to be recognised as such I think that it is time to give them that chance and see what it is they have to offer and how there can be some end to violence leading to an end of the unreasonable sanctions and blockade and an end to israel also also attacking (with real war weapons) Gaza and not only Hamas but the civilians of Gaza who are being effected the most.

Hamas has made a move to renounce terrorism and work with governments but has been rejected and I believe just as Fatah (P.L.O.) has been given that chance that it would be in every one's best interest especially the innocent civilians of Gaza's best interest and could end allot of violence.

Really the only place they have to turn is to Iran, Russia, Syria, N. Korea and China which the White House and israel certainly does not want but they gotta turn to someone.

I just don't know if I'm sure that Obama is the one to do it as I don't see him as qualified to be a word leader and I don't think he has any management skills.

Della529
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:10 AM

BUMP!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)