Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Victims of Palestinian Violence and Terrorism since September 2000

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:29 AM
  • 178 Replies

The list just goes on and on....So sad what they are doing to the Israelis-- the youngest victims especially.

http://www.mfa.gov.il/MFA/Terrorism-+Obstacle+to+Peace/Palestinian+terror+since+2000/Victims+of+Palestinian+Violence+and+Terrorism+sinc.htm

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:29 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
muslimah
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 5:55 AM

Since 2000? Here are the statistics most of these are civilians including women children, and the elderly and while some may be parts of governments who are up against a military heavily equipped with an army, a navy, and a air force they are also equipped with the lasted state of the art of the art weaponry including those that use of are war crimes like weapons of  White Phosphorus.

Palestine has no military, army, navy, or air force. They are a resistance fighting against a military with whatever homemade makeshift weapons that they can get their hands on including stones, bottle rockets, and whatever obsolete weapons they can smuggle through tunnels.

These are only the statics going back over the last decade but the numbers reach much higher going back over the last 62 years of ethnic cleansing, holocaust, and Apartheid and the millions of evictions into refugee camps where israel has continued to starve the people out.

In DEC. 08 and Jan.09 israeld directed civilians into U.N. schools that were used as safe houses to in order to keep Palestinian civilians safe and out of the line of fire. The israelis directed the Palestinian citizens into the safe houses and then in turn bombed the safe houses with White Phosphorus which all 3 are war crimes, directing civilians to safety under the false pretence of safety, bombing the civilians and the use of White Phosphorus weapons.

124 Israeli children have been killed by Palestinians and 1,441 Palestinian children have been killed by Israelis since September 29, 2000

1,072 Israelis and at least 6,348 Palestinians have been killed since September 29, 2000.

8,864 Israelis and 39,019 Palestinians have been injured since September 29, 2000.

During Fiscal Year 2009, the U.S. is providing Israel with at least $7.0 million per day in military aid and $0 in military aid to the Palestinians.

Israel has been targeted by at least 65 UN resolutions and the Palestinians have been targeted by none.

1 Israeli is being held prisoner by Palestinians, while 7,383 Palestinians are currently imprisoned by Israel.

0 Israeli homes have been demolished by Palestinians and 24,145 Palestinian homes have been demolished by Israel since 1967

The Israeli unemployment rate is 6.1%, while the Palestinian unemployment in the West Bank is 16.3% and 41.3% in Gaza.

Israel currently has 223 Jewish-only settlements and ‘outposts’ built on confiscated Palestinian land. Palestinians do not have any settlements on Israeli land.

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/

blondekosmic15
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:16 AM

Thank you for sharing toomanypoodles. I have several sites I can share also. I may add them later today due to the late hr. It's very devastating! I have spoken w/ those who have visited Israel & read accts. of soldiers who reveal the bloodshed & violence upon so many Jewish ppl. including lil' children. I truly believe this...if the Israelis surrender their weapons they will be completely destroyed. If the Palestinian terrorists surrender their weapons there will be peace~ 

Pink Blondie Glitter Glitters

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:27 AM

Quoting blondekosmic15:

Thank you for sharing toomanypoodles. I have several sites I can share also. I may add them later today due to the late hr. It's very devastating! I have spoken w/ those who have visited Israel & read accts. of soldiers who reveal the bloodshed & violence upon so many Jewish ppl. including lil' children. I truly believe this...if the Israelis surrender their weapons they will be completely destroyed. If the Palestinian terrorists surrender their weapons there will be peace~ 

I would like to read what you've got.  Things just seems SO one sided, I'd like to see a different perspective in order to make my own choice.  So many believe only what they hear from the LOUDEST side and not give the other side a fair look.

blondekosmic15
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 6:55 AM

Pink Blondie Glitter Glitters

home-sweet-home
by Silver Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:21 AM

I did find the statement above interesting. If Israel gave up their weapons they would  be destroyed. I agree with that completely. There are too many terrorist groups in that area that just want them annihilated.

OhiogirlinCali
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:06 AM

The killing of any innocent individual is a travesty.  As horrible as the situation is between Israel and the Palestinians, I'd like to point out that it all could have been avoided decades ago.  There was absolutely no reason the 2 sides could not have lived in peace and flourish together side by side.  Israel chose not to live in peace, and now will not even offer an olive branch towards peace. 

Terrorism, is indeed, a horrible thing, but so is the oppression of a group of people.  I, too, read on the subject before making an INFORMED decision.  I feel too many just gloss over the information and only take from it the bits and pieces they have already decided upon, instead of truly opening up their minds.

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:54 AM
While I agree that if Isreal laid down their arms they would be destroyed, I also believe that if Palestine laid down theirs they too would be destroyed...
They both need to aim for peace and stop fighting but it will not happen anytime soon...

And as for people tryin to argue over how many people die from each country... Isn't it bad enough that just 1 person has died... Does the numbers really matter to you because the loss of life no matter how large the number saddens me and I do not care what side they come from...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
jaxTheMom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:23 PM

I hope you are wrong, but you might not be.  However, one must ask why.  Terrorist groups don't evolve in a vacuume.  One man's terrorist is another's freedom fighter.

This is a problem created by Isreal, with a whole lot of help from the good ole U.S. of A.

The Israeli gov't has treated the Palestinians abominably, and Hamas and Fatah are deadlocked in a political battle.   Voices of reason aren't tolerated by either side - they need a Martin Luther King, a Nelson Mandela, to pull them all away from the edge they are on.  Meanwhile, the innocents are caught in the middle.

Until someone - probably the one will all the power - is able to step up and extend a hand, people are going to continue to die.

Quoting home-sweet-home:

I did find the statement above interesting. If Israel gave up their weapons they would  be destroyed. I agree with that completely. There are too many terrorist groups in that area that just want them annihilated.

trippyhippy
by Platinum Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 12:33 PM

Very interesting read.  Thanks for the link.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)