Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I don't like, trust, or support Obama but....

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:41 PM
  • 16 Replies

This is just a small snippet of the article, the part I found interesting. To read the whole article go to the link

israel-US relations rocked by 'tectonic rift'

The agenda of next week's meeting is unlikely to prove painless for Netanyahu. As well as discussing the flotilla debacle, Obama is expected to press for further action to allow imports, exports and people to move more freely to and from Gaza. In addition, Obama is expected to again raise the vexed issue of settlement construction. The 10-month partial freeze, wrung out of Netanyahu after months of pressure and negotiation, is due to end in late September.

Oren's remarks, reported in the Israeli press and confirmed by officials, go further than comments he made in March after the crisis over an Israeli announcement of a big expansion to a Jerusalem settlement during a visit by US vice-president Joe Biden. Then Oren told colleagues US-Israeli relations were facing their worst crisis for 35 years.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2010/jun/27/israel-us-relations-tectonic-rift

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:41 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Della529
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 8:46 PM

BUMP!

fnpdocgrrl
by Boudica on Jun. 27, 2010 at 9:21 PM

Ladies, please correct me if my understanding is off. 

One of the things about Obama I noticed right off the bat when he became president is that he seemed LESS willing to blindly support Israel as an ally much more so than his predecessors have.  Especially Bush.

It seems to me that he has tried more to show a genuine respect to the Muslim/Arab world. 

I am not saying Obama has done everything right.....but merely that he appears to have taken a few baby steps in the right direction.

This post is another good example of that.

Good for Obama! 

muslimah
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:07 PM

Quoting fnpdocgrrl:

One of the things about Obama I noticed right off the bat when he became president is that he seemed LESS willing to blindly support Israel as an ally much more so than his predecessors have.  Especially Bush.

It seems to me that he has tried more to show a genuine respect to the Muslim/Arab world. 

I am not saying Obama has done everything right.....but merely that he appears to have taken a few baby steps in the right direction.

Good for Obama! 

Obama used to be a strong Palestinian liberation supporter long before he ever thought about having a career in politics. When he decided to run for the White House he knew that as with every other presidential candidate that without the backing and support of A.I.P.A.C. and the israel Lobby that he didn't stand a chance.

While campaigning on June 4 2008 he stood before A.I.P.A.C. and gave a speech vowing his UNCONDITIOAL support to israel. He then purposely chose Joe Biden as his running mate who I quote said "I am a proud Zionist, you don't have to be a Jew to be a Zionist and I am a Zionist". He took it step further and appointed Rahm Emanuel who's father was in the Mossad and is himself (Rahm) and known and proud Zionist. That was not enough he then appointed Hilary who is nothing but pro-israel all the way.

Obama is nothing but words when it's comes to israel. He says what he says to look like he is doing something on behalf of "peace" but but that's as far as it goes.

He ordered israel to stop settlemen on Palestinian land and they did not stop but approved hundreds of more settlements and Obama did nothing he just looked the other way.

He has also been one of the very few world leaders to not condemn israel in their acts of piracy and terrorism on the Flotilla but instead stood by their side all the way.

He is also going to be approving sending more aid to israel in addition to the 7 million dollar's a day minimum not including forgiven debts and military arms (which he continues to send).

israel is already the largest beneficiary of U.S. aid that there is and the only beneficiary that is held to no accountability of how and where that aid is used.

He continuously stands beside israel before the U.N. and protects them from any accountability of the International Laws, War Crimes, and Articles of The 4th Geneva Convention that they repeatedly breach.

mamadixon
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:25 PM

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting fnpdocgrrl:

Good for Obama! 

Obama used to be a strong Palestinian liberation supporter long before he ever thought about having a career in politics. When he decided to run for the White House he knew that as with every other presidential candidate that without the backing and support of A.I.P.A.C. and the israel Lobby that he didn't stand a chance.

While campaigning on June 4 2008 he stood before A.I.P.A.C. and gave a speech vowing his UNCONDITIOAL support to israel. He then purposely chose Joe Biden as his running mate who I quote said "I am a proud Zionist, you don't have to be a Jew to be a Zionist and I am a Zionist". He took it step further and appointed Rahm Emanuel who's father was in the Mossad and is himself (Rahm) and known and proud Zionist. That was not enough he then appointed Hilary who is nothing but pro-israel all the way.

Obama is nothing but words when it's comes to israel. He says what he says to look like he is doing something on behalf of "peace" but but that's as far as it goes.

He ordered israel to stop settlemen on Palestinian land and they did not stop but approved hundreds of more settlements and Obama did nothing he just looked the other way.

He has also been one of the very few world leaders to not condemn israel in their acts of piracy and terrorism on the Flotilla but instead stood by their side all the way.

He is also going to be approving sending more aid to israel in addition to the 7 million dollar's a day minimum not including forgiven debts and military arms (which he continues to send).

israel is already the largest beneficiary of U.S. aid that there is and the only beneficiary that is held to no accountability of how and where that aid is used.

He continuously stands beside israel before the U.N. and protects them from any accountability of the International Laws, War Crimes, and Articles of The 4th Geneva Convention that they repeatedly breach.

Actions speak louder than words.

tericared
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:28 PM

Quoting mamadixon:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting fnpdocgrrl:

Good for Obama! 

Actions speak louder than words.

Yes they do....

fnpdocgrrl
by Boudica on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:00 PM

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting fnpdocgrrl:

Good for Obama! 

So, let me ask this.....Obama asked the Israelis to knock off the continued expansion.....Israel refused to comply.  I get that.

What exact power would Obama have now to make his point more clear?  Can he single-handedly cut off the American tax money that gets used to bankroll the Israeli Military?

So, do you think that his becoming prez made him lose sight of his initial sympathizing with the PLO?

muslimah
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:19 PM

Quoting fnpdocgrrl:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting fnpdocgrrl:

Good for Obama! 

While campaigning on June 4 2008 he stood before A.I.P.A.C. and gave a speech vowing his UNCONDITIOAL support to israel. He then purposely chose Joe Biden as his running mate who I quote said "I am a proud Zionist, you don't have to be a Jew to be a Zionist and I am a Zionist".He took it step further and appointed Rahm Emanuel who's father was in the Mossad and is himself (Rahm) and known and proud Zionist. That was not enough he then appointed Hilary who is nothing but pro-israel all the way.

So, let me ask this.....Obama asked the Israelis to knock off the continued expansion.....Israel refused to comply.  I get that.

What exact power would Obama have now to make his point more clear?  Can he single-handedly cut off the American tax money that gets used to bankroll the Israeli Military?

So, do you think that his becoming prez made him lose sight of his initial sympathizing with the PLO?

Being that it is the U.S. that basically supports israeli in financial aid and almost (if not) completely in military arms one option would be to with hold that support until they comply.

Another option in addition would be to cut off communication and talks until they comply.

And in addition to the first two options to not to protect them up against the U.N. for their breaking of International Laws and stop blocking them from being held accountable for breaching the The 4th Geneva Convention that specifically states israels duty and what they can and can't do as an occupier which also includes but is not just limited to the evictions and taking of land and homes in order to replace them with new immigrant/israeli settlement

But as someone stated here.... "actions are louder than words" although he has made demands and made sure the public has heard them demands that is all it has come to is demands with no action which is evident that it is all for show and one reason maybe that to take any action would hinder him in reelection as he would most certainly not have the needed backing and support of A.I.P.A.C. and The israel Lobby (formerly the World Zionist Organization). So in other words his career and chance of reelection is much more important than human lives as it was in the first election when he ran for president in the first place.

Gypsyuma
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:25 PM

YES.... Obama CAN cut the Zionist brattards off.... HE controls our foreign policy.  That is the only thing he could do to redeem himself in my mind.

Quoting fnpdocgrrl:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting fnpdocgrrl:

Good for Obama! 

muslimah
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 7:13 AM

Quoting Gypsyuma:

YES.... Obama CAN cut the Zionist brattards off.... HE controls our foreign policy.  That is the only thing he could do to redeem himself in my mind.

Quoting fnpdocgrrl:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting fnpdocgrrl:

Good for Obama! 

While campaigning on June 4 2008 he stood before A.I.P.A.C. and gave a speech vowing his UNCONDITIOAL support to israel. He then purposely chose Joe Biden as his running mate who I quote said "I am a proud Zionist, you don't have to be a Jew to be a Zionist and I am a Zionist".He took it step further and appointed Rahm Emanuel who's father was in the Mossad and is himself (Rahm) and known and proud Zionist. That was not enough he then appointed Hilary who is nothing but pro-israel all the way.

Well I would certainly have allot of respect for him (something I do not have now) if he were to take action.... real action and really do something instead of just talk. But I can't see my self ever supporting him and liking him because of too many other things about him and where he stands but it would definatly go a long way in softening my opinion of him. 

muslimah
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 3:06 PM

bump

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)