Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

The Story Behind The Symbol Of The Skeleton Key

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:24 PM
  • 12 Replies

The skeleton key has become a well known symbol for those who lost every thing to the occupiers when mass evicted from their home and sent to the refugee camps

As most families had fled with nothing but the clothes that they were wearing, they were unable to produce land deeds of ownership for the occupying officials (Zionist). The only evidence most could provide was a skeleton key to what was once their home. Most have kept those keys, many of them wearing the key around their neck, waiting for the day to return home.

As they get older and some pass (over the last 62 years) they pass that key down to family members who hope to one day be granted their right to return to the family home.

The sad part is, if and when that day comes they will find their homes, farms, and orchards no longing standing as they have been buldozed  and flatted to make room for room for new immigrant israeli settlement.

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:24 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
muslimah
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:04 AM

Me and a couple of other Cafe Mom members at a Palestinian Liberation Protest in Aug 08 where we were protesting evictions and home demolitions.

I know they are not very clear but I couldn't get them any bigger.

I am the one holding the Boycott israel sign.

tericared
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:21 AM

I cant imagine being forced out of my home....

This was in front of Lockheed Martin when Gaza was being bombed in 2008... I am in the second photo, there were Muslims, Christians, and Jews

“Every time anyone says that Israel is our only friend in the Middle East, I can’t help but think that before Israel, we had no enemies in the Middle East.”
— John Sheehan, S.J.

muslimah
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:25 AM

Quoting tericared:

This was in front of Lockheed Martin when Gaza was being bombed in 2008... I am in the second photo, there were Muslims, Christians, and Jews

Great pictures. I remember this

tericared
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:39 AM

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting tericared:

My youngest and I had a blast...even when people drove by and cussed at us....

muslimah
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Quoting tericared:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting tericared:

I love the picture of her. I see you didn't post and I would not have either but I love it with her in her white hijab.

tericared
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:46 AM

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting tericared:

Quoting muslimah:

Quoting tericared:

I love the picture of her. I see you didn't post and I would not have either but I love it with her in her white hijab.

I dont like putting her pic in here...But she was so cute...Still is..

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:17 AM
Lockheed Martin... Where is that at?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tericared
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:22 AM

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Lockheed Martin... Where is that at?

There are a few plants through out the US, this one is in Central Florida....This one just happened to make the some of the bombs that were being dropped on Gaza in 2008..

Mommy_of_Riley
by Jes on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:30 AM
Oh I see... There is one by my house and my husban was thinking of getting a job there but I will inform him of their aid to Israel and we will look elsewhere...
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muslimah
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 6:34 AM

Quoting Mommy_of_Riley:

Oh I see... There is one by my house and my husban was thinking of getting a job there but I will inform him of their aid to Israel and we will look elsewhere...

I hope your husband is not considering it because he is one of the millions out of work and desperate enough that it is something he might feel the need to consider in order to provide for your family.

In that case it is something one must decide to do what they gotta do or stick to their moral convictions.

I hope he is a Palestinian supporter (at least a little bit) If he is (or isn't) and is working and has other options please try to discourage him from taking that job where they make the bombs that are provided by the U.S. to israel to not only use in their attempt to take out the government of Hamas but also on innocent civilians including women, children, and the elderly as well as leveling their "homes", schools, and hospitals which they did in Dec 08 and Jan 09 and have still not been allowed the material to rebuild to be brought into Gaza.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)