Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Request of Muslimah

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:57 PM
  • 49 Replies
Please repost the list of items Israel won't let through. Thanks!!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 10:57 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fnpdocgrrl
by Boudica on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:06 PM

LMBK:

Is it my imagination, or do you seem to be turning the corner a bit on your views regarding Israel/Palestine?

I read your response to Poodles refugee camp post....and noted its insightfulness.  You are dead-on accurate.  Hopelessness DOES breed violence......hopeless breeds anger and resentment.  History has shown this to play itself out over and over again.

I always thought you supported Israel....but I may be wrong on that....and that makes me happy:)

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:16 PM
I don't, and never have, support either side 100%. I think both sides play a part in the horrific ongoings over there. I have actually never said that I am not disturbed and disgusted by the living conditions of the Gaza camps. That is why I need the list, actually, because I have an opportunity to confront a family friend and find out from his perpective how any human being can possibly justify treating another that way. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Gypsyuma
by Gold Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:18 PM

That list is in transition.... according to the NGOs over there.  israel is proclaiming to have EASED the blockade.... yet israel  has up until now refused to give the NGOs the revised list of blockaded items.

How very "eased" of them.

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:24 PM
I don't need a revised list u just need something to go on and the list posted previously will do just fine.

Quoting Gypsyuma:

That list is in transition.... according to the NGOs over there.  israel is proclaiming to have EASED the blockade.... yet israel  has up until now refused to give the NGOs the revised list of blockaded items.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
muslimah
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:32 PM

I can provide you with a partial list. The reason being that the list is only partial is because the full list is confidential that only a few in high up in israeli government have access to it. The U.N. nor the U.S. (israelis biggest supporter and best friend) don't even know what all is on the list and have never had access to see it.

The list I have is basically limited information provided for those who may want to send goods to family, friends, relatives, or people in general.

You will also see on the list that the majority of the items pose no safety threat but are in place to restrict people and make their lives miserable.

I would also like to add the in the last week israel has removed potato chips, ketchup, and sewing needles, buttons, and thread from the list and now are allowing them in.

But.... the problem with that is unless the are going to dip their potato chips in ketchup, it is useless as are the sewing needles, buttons, and thread because they still are not allowed to have fabric to use them on. These few items are useless anyways when basic needs for living a healthy life and still not allowed to enter. 

The list is as follows.

• sage
  • cardamom
  • cumin
  • coriander
  • ginger
  • jam
  • halva (an Arabic sweet)
  • vinegar
  • nutmeg
  • chocolate
  • fruit preserves
  • seeds and nuts
  • biscuits and sweets
  • potato chips
  • gas for soft drinks
  • dried fruit
  • fresh meat
  • plaster
  • tar
  • wood for construction
  • cement
  • iron
  • glucose
  • industrial salt
  • plastic/glass/ metal containers
  • industrial margarine
  • tarpaulin sheets for huts
  • fabric (for clothing)
  • flavor and smell enhancers
  • fishing rods
  • various fishing nets
  • buoys
  • ropes for fishing
  • nylon nets for greenhouses
  • hatcheries and spare parts for hatcheries
  • spare parts for tractors
  • dairies for cowsheds
  • irrigation pipe systems
  • ropes to tie greenhouses
  • planters for saplings
  • heaters for chicken farms
  • musical instruments
  • size A4 paper
  • writing implements
  • notebooks
  • newspapers
  • toys
  • razors
  • sewing machines and spare parts
  • heaters
  • horses
  • donkeys
  • goats
  • cattle
  • chicks
    LoveMyBoyK
    by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:34 PM
    That's what I needed, thank you!!

Quoting muslimah:

I can provide you with a partial list. The reason being that the list is only partial is because the full list is confidential that only a few in high up in israeli government have access to it. The U.N. nor the U.S. (israelis biggest supporter and best friend) don't even know what all is on the list and have never had access to see it.

The list I have is basically limited information provided for those who may want to send goods to family, friends, relatives, or people in general.

You will also see on the list that the majority of the items pose no safety threat but are in place to restrict people and make their lives miserable.

I would also like to add the in the last week israel has removed potato chips, ketchup, and sewing needles, buttons, and thread from the list and now are allowing them in.

But.... the problem with that is unless the are going to dip their potato chips in ketchup, it is useless as are the sewing needles, buttons, and thread because they still are not allowed to have fabric to use them on. These few items are useless anyways when basic needs for living a healthy life and still not allowed to enter. 

The list is as follows.

• sage

• cardamom

• cumin

• coriander

• ginger

• jam

• vinegar

• nutmeg

• chocolate

• fruit preserves

• seeds and nuts

• biscuits and sweets

• potato chips

• gas for soft drinks

• dried fruit

• fresh meat

• plaster

• tar

• wood for construction

• cement

• iron

• glucose

• industrial salt

• industrial margarine

• fabric (for clothing)

• fishing rods

• various fishing nets

• buoys

• ropes for fishing

• dairies for cowsheds

• planters for saplings

• musical instruments

• size A4 paper

• writing implements

• notebooks

• newspapers

• toys

• razors

• heaters

• horses

• donkeys

• goats

• cattle

• chicks

• Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    jaxTheMom
    by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:35 PM

I can't find a source for you to reference (just did a quick check but I don't have the links and am going to bed soon) so take it for what it's worth - I recall chocolate, A4 paper and goats specifically listed.  Oh, and I think chickpeas.

You might have to go back a few days to find a complete list but as mentioned, it's constantly in transition.

An important thing to look up when you have time is this:  The Israeli govt keeps saying the purpose is to keep building materials out of the hands of Hamas.  But once you find the list, remember the concept that it's not necessarily all about dangerous materials; it could also be political - ensuring that the people in Gaza (who voted for Hamas) and have these basic items blocked, looking at the people in the West Bank (who voted for the more moderate Fatah and are allowed these basic items) and think, "Why do they have more than us?"

Then ask yourself why.  And who has a vested interest in this political strategy past the most obvious.

(people, feel free to correct me where I'm wrong!)

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

I don't need a revised list u just need something to go on and the list posted previously will do just fine.

Quoting Gypsyuma:

jaxTheMom
    by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Oh, I see someone jumped in with the ever changing list.  Good debating upon you and God bless.

LoveMyBoyK
    by Ruby Member on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:42 PM
    I need the list so I can ask my father's friend why and how any of that stuff is justifiable to withhold. I also plan to ask about the lack of clean water and a number of other thongs I have seen brought up over the past few weeks.
    Posted on CafeMom Mobile
    muslimah
    by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:45 PM

Quoting LoveMyBoyK:

That's what I needed, thank you!!

Quoting muslimah:

The list is as follows.

• sage

• cardamom

• cumin

• coriander

• ginger

• jam

• vinegar

• nutmeg

• chocolate

• fruit preserves

• seeds and nuts

• biscuits and sweets

• potato chips

• gas for soft drinks

• dried fruit

• fresh meat

• plaster

• tar

• wood for construction

• cement

• iron

• glucose

• industrial salt

• industrial margarine

• fabric (for clothing)

• fishing rods

• various fishing nets

• buoys

• ropes for fishing

• dairies for cowsheds

• planters for saplings

• musical instruments

• size A4 paper

• writing implements

• notebooks

• newspapers

• toys

• razors

• heaters

• horses

• donkeys

• goats

• cattle

• chicks

• Your welcome. I should mention that this not a list I got off line or from a new source. This is a list that is provided by the pro-Palestinian organizations for any of us who plan on sending anything over so we know what is not allowed to be sent. We have a huge Palestinian community among other Arabs here (I live in the largest Arab population in North America) many Palestinians and Iraqis here came as refugees and still have family that they go visit or send needs to and that is the purpose and source of the list I have provided.

A few here have replied that the list in the process of being revised. That has pretty much come to a stand still and as of now the revisment is potato chips, some kinds of cookies, ketchup, sewing needles, thread, and buttons as I take as isreals way of saying "fuck you we revised it"

Add your quick reply below:
    You must be a member to reply to this post.
    Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
    Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)