Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

To all the women that love the 'lil babies

Posted by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:29 PM
  • 20 Replies

When you are out, and come upon a baby, I would assume that you make a fuss. When that happens, how do babies generally respond to you? Do they smile, stare, cry.....

Just curious...

The way I see it, isn't necessarily the way you see it. Or the way it is, or ought to be. What's more important, is that we're all looking for it, and a way to see it.

Desi DeNardo (via Starbucks coffee cup)

by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
jaxTheMom
by on Jun. 27, 2010 at 11:43 PM

Oh I coo, and they love me right back.

Am currently trying to formulate just how to make off with a co-worker's 12 month old girl.  :)  She's absolutely precious! 

Joqui
by Joqui on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:01 AM

I smile at babies but I try not too look at them too hard.. I believe in Mal de Ojo.. it's a latina thing LOL

tericared
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:05 AM

Quoting Joqui:

I smile at babies but I try not too look at them too hard.. I believe in Mal de Ojo.. it's a latina thing LOL

When  I took my youngest to Mexico she was a few months old and her Grandmother bought her a bracelet with a bead they called an eye, said it was to protect her from evil looks...It that what she was talking about?

Joqui
by Joqui on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:12 AM

yep.. it is said that some pple have a 'hard' look.. and can cause a baby to have colic... most times pple come and touch the babies hair to prevent that from happening... if they don't then you have to deal with a crying baby and the 'cure' is running an egg around their body and cracking it in a glass... it's a strange belief but most hispanic pple swear by it.. We buy bracelets and usually the going home outfit is red, it is said that it prevents the 'evil eye' from getting on them..

crazy myths LOL

Quoting tericared:

Quoting Joqui:

When  I took my youngest to Mexico she was a few months old and her Grandmother bought her a bracelet with a bead they called an eye, said it was to protect her from evil looks...It that what she was talking about?

SamanthaAgain
by Sam on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:30 AM

I usually smile at them, and most of the time I get smiles or coo's back.  If the mother seems ok with it, I'll talk to the babies and coo at them.

Follow me to learn about Cloth Diapering and why I choose to give my son choice.

Gretchen2876
by Silver Member on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:38 AM

Quoting SamanthaAgain:

I usually smile at them, and most of the time I get smiles or coo's back.  If the mother seems ok with it, I'll talk to the babies and coo at them.

Oh me too, but I never touch. I know that bothers most people, so I am careful to keep a bit of a distance, and I pay attention to how the mom (or dad) is reacting.

The way I see it, isn't necessarily the way you see it. Or the way it is, or ought to be. What's more important, is that we're all looking for it, and a way to see it.

Desi DeNardo (via Starbucks coffee cup)

tericared
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:41 AM

Quoting Gretchen2876:

Quoting SamanthaAgain:

Oh me too, but I never touch. I know that bothers most people, so I am careful to keep a bit of a distance, and I pay attention to how the mom (or dad) is reacting.

I dont touch or get to close either....

tericared
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 12:43 AM

Quoting Joqui:

yep.. it is said that some pple have a 'hard' look.. and can cause a baby to have colic... most times pple come and touch the babies hair to prevent that from happening... if they don't then you have to deal with a crying baby and the 'cure' is running an egg around their body and cracking it in a glass... it's a strange belief but most hispanic pple swear by it.. We buy bracelets and usually the going home outfit is red, it is said that it prevents the 'evil eye' from getting on them..

crazy myths LOL

Quoting tericared:

Quoting Joqui:

I did notice that some wouldnt look at her to much until after she got the bracelet, like close family and friends.....The Grandma thought it was a crime dd didnt have one....Of course her thinking I was a white nasty American may not have helped...

Joqui
by Joqui on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:09 AM
Ohh hun that is terrible! Racism just completely irritates me

Quoting tericared:

Quoting Joqui:

crazy myths LOL

Quoting tericared:

Quoting Joqui:

I did notice that some wouldnt look at her to much until after she got the bracelet, like close family and friends.....The Grandma thought it was a crime dd didnt have one....Of course her thinking I was a white nasty American may not have helped...

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tericared
by on Jun. 28, 2010 at 1:10 AM

I should tell you some stories some time....Would blow your mind...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)