Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

WBC out protested by WV

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:56 AM
  • 2 Replies

Never missing a chance to hide behind their children and trot them around carrying signs with hate-filled messages to display for the cameras, members of the radical Westboro Baptist Church in Topeka, Kansas showed up in Charleston, West Virginia on Thursday to tell the world that the reason the Upper Big Branch Coal Mine accident happened is because God is punishing America for tolerating homosexuality. [Video below]

A message on the Westboro Baptist Church website on Thursday reportedly read: “So God reached down and smacked one of those mines, killing 25."  According to the Charleston Gazette, "Only six Westboro pickets showed up in front of the Capitol, including two men, one woman and three young children. They held up signs proclaiming: "America Is Doomed," "Thank God for Dead Miners," "God Hates Your Tears," "God Hates West Virginia" and "God Hates You."

Not to be outdone by the hate-filled Westboro parishioners, a large group of no-hate counter protesters held a rally of their own on the steps of the Statehouse in Charleston.

Organized by the West Virginia Chamber of Commerce, the state AFL-CIO, as well as local community, church, and veterans' groups, the number of counter-protestors dwarfed the small group of radicals from Westboro.

After marching around the capitol area for a few minutes, the group from Westboro was soon overwhelmed by the much larger group of counter-protestors. So they did what any group of three adults and three children in town visiting a state capitol would do, they got in their rented mini-van and drove off.

http://ecopolitology.org/2010/04/09/westboro-baptist-church-gets-out-protested-in-west-virginia/

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 10:56 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-2):
mommabear82
by Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:15 AM
Almost heaven, West Virginia,
Blue Ridge Mountains
Shenandoah River.
Life is old there,
Older than the trees,
Younger than the mountains
Growin' like a breeze.
Country roads, take me home
To the place where I belong:
West Virginia, mountain momma,
Take me home, country roads.

Makes me glad to be a West Virginian. If only Westboro realized that they are soo wrong. God is love. He is not hate. It's so sad that they would bring their children to a protest thanking God for death. Dispicable. I hope those children grow up and realize how wrong the belief system is for their church.
candlegal
by Judy on Jul. 12, 2010 at 11:17 AM

I am sorry, the people from this Church must have some kind of mental problems.  They are a hateful bunch of people.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)