Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Afterlife

Posted by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:40 PM
  • 42 Replies

Do you believe in an afterlife?

If so what belief do you have and how did you find your belief?

(Reason for asking: I love to hear the different responses to this question)

by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:40 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Della529
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:43 PM

The "afterlife" to me is back to earth in it's intended (perfect) form after Christ takes care of satan. 

40isfun
by Christi on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:47 PM

I don't have all the answers but this is what I think.

I think we are spirit in human form and I believe spirit doesn't die.  Therefore when the body dies, the spirit is released.  I do not know what happens to it after that.

DVD
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 1:56 PM

I believe like EVERY other thing in this universe we (our energy) is recycled back into that which it came. I guess its the eastern idea of reincarnation but w/o God.

shawnaquijada
by Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:00 PM

My idea of an afterlife is my body being incinerated, and my ashes being taken care of by my loved ones.

home-sweet-home
by Silver Member on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:00 PM

I believe in heaven. I believe in the streets of gold and crystal seas. I believe it because Jesus said He went to prepare a place for us.

I believe in the 1000 year reign here on Earth as well. I believe we will come back with Christ to rein with HIm.

Deena:  midwife student, nurse, LC, wife, mom, and grandma!

Home Sweet Home: HOMEbirthing, HOMEschooling, breastfeeding, non-vaxing, attachment parenting, work from HOME mom, to has many children as God wants to bless me with!

Hearts_n_Stars
by on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:11 PM

Quoting 40isfun:

I don't have all the answers but this is what I think.

I think we are spirit in human form and I believe spirit doesn't die.  Therefore when the body dies, the spirit is released.  I do not know what happens to it after that.

ecagle
by Kegel on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:18 PM

I don't NOT believe in an afterlife, I just don't know what it will be like.  Honestly, reincarnation makes the most sense to me...but who knows :P

survivorinohio
by René on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:21 PM

Quoting home-sweet-home:

I believe in heaven. I believe in the streets of gold and crystal seas. I believe it because Jesus said He went to prepare a place for us.

I believe in the 1000 year rein here on Earth as well. I believe we will come back with Christ to rein with HIm.

I believe in Heaven, in the judgement, Hell and in eternal life.

I have been taught about the 1000 year reign but I am unsure about that.

I have tremendous faith in my Heavenly Father and whatever he does is fine with me

How far you go in life depends on your being tender with the young, compassionate with the aged, sympathetic with the striving and tolerant of both the weak and strong, because sometime in life you will have been one or all of these. George Washington Carver

stormcris
by Christy on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Do you believe that the rapture must occur or that people go straight to heaven?

Quoting home-sweet-home:

I believe in the 1000 year rein here on Earth as well. I believe we will come back with Christ to rein with HIm.

TruthSeeker.
by Milami on Jul. 12, 2010 at 2:33 PM

I believe I have been here before and will continue to come back as a Re-incarnation as many times as I need to before the 2nd coming. When Christ comes again, all that are saved will be taken to a paradise during the 7 yrs of tribulation. After this time, all of the dead in Christ shall arise and all of those that refused the mark, and those  that took it will be taken for judgement. There will then be a reign on earth for 1000 years.

Of course, I can't say this is what Will happen, only what I believe will happen.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)