Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Aryan Nations Leader Running Unopposed For School Board in California

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:09 AM
  • 37 Replies

Aryan Nations Leader Running Unopposed For School Board in California

August 4, 2010 by Stephen Piggott

UPDATE: Last night another person filed papers to run for the school board position which means that Daniel Schruender is no longer running unopposed.

Daniel Schruender, the director of publications and information for the California chapter of the Aryan Nations 88, has filed papers (scroll to page 58) to run for a school board position in Rialto, California. Schruender announced his plans on his blog in which he stated, “Today, August 2, 2010, the Aryan Nations has moved from talking about running for political office to actually doing it. Many of you read a previous post on the forum, and an article in the last issue of the Quarterly where I said I was considering it. I decided to put my money where my mouth is, so to speak.”

Schruender’s group, Aryan Nations 88, is one of many spin off groups descending from the original Aryan Nations, which was widely considered one of the country’s leading white supremacist groups. Based on a large compound in Hayden Lake, Idaho, Aryan Nations was founded by white supremacist Richard Butler. Butler also happened to be a pioneer in the Christian Identity movement, a religious movement that believes salvation is solely for whites, that people of color are soulless, and that Jews are the spawns of Satan.

The Aryan Nations lost their compound and most of its membership after losing a lawsuit brought forth by the Southern Poverty Law Center. Since the suit, the group has split into many factions. The faction that Schruender is a part of is based in Chillicothe, Ohio and allegedly has 14 chapters across the country. The national director of this faction, Paul Mullet, attempted to buy a plot of land in John Day, Oregon to create a new compound. His plans were scrapped however when mass protests were organized by the town’s residents.

Schruender’s election bid is not the only recent Aryan Nations activity in Rialto. In April, the San Bernardino Sun reported that the Aryan Nations members passed out packets containing flyers inviting residents to join them in celebrating Adolf Hitler’s birthday. In a nearby town, the group passed out packets containing racist language which stated, “happy Easter to all you … from your friends at the Aryan Nations.”

Schruender’s blog makes no effort to disguise his racist beliefs. His picture for the blog shows him standing in front of a large swastika flag. He also has links to racist websites such as “Jew Watch” “Chimp Out” and “Chimp Skin.”

As of today, Schruender is running UNOPPOSED for the school board position! The deadline for anyone wanting to file to run against Schruender is this Friday, August 6.

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
skisbufly1
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:10 AM

CRAZY!!

ThatTXMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:11 AM

Wow.. just wow

.thickie.thick.
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:12 AM

Id let my kids quit school lol...

no but id move school districts.

hsteele
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:15 AM

oooh. That sucks. 

hsteele
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Oh and my kids would not be going to public school there. 

jackieandruss
by Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:29 AM

Well, it is california.  I believe it should be EQUAL opportunities for ALL.  Really,  I think that if California is wanting Equality, then they should leave him alone.  They shouldn't pick and choose who they want Equality for.  This is just my opinion.  I would hate for them to fight for same sex marriage using Equality as a standing stone, and then try to pick that stone up and throw it at this man.

hsteele
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:45 AM

You really make no sense. You say if we believe in equality we should cheer on someone who doesn't believe in equality. And I don't think anyone here has said he can't run. I think the consensus is that it sucks that there is no one running against him, cause I can't imagine he would get elected if someone ran against him. I'm not surprised at your defending him, you praise the KKK, how is it a giant leap that you would defend a member of the aryan nation. 

Quoting jackieandruss:

Well, it is california.  I believe it should be EQUAL opportunities for ALL.  Really,  I think that if California is wanting Equality, then they should leave him alone.  They shouldn't pick and choose who they want Equality for.  This is just my opinion.  I would hate for them to fight for same sex marriage using Equality as a standing stone, and then try to pick that stone up and throw it at this man.

Heather
The Witchy Momma

Rise up this morning, smile at the rising sun; Three little birds, pitch by my doorstep; Singing sweet songs, a melody pure and true; Singing, this is my message to you-ou-ou; Singing Don't worry, about a thing; Cause every little thing is gonna be alright.

Princess223
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:54 AM

Quoting jackieandruss:

Well, it is california.  I believe it should be EQUAL opportunities for ALL.  WHO in their RIGHT MIND would want this fool to have a HAND in the decisions being MADE for their CHILDREN? Really,  I think that if California, This IS in  is wanting Equality, then they should leave him alone. When did HATE become EQUAL?  They shouldn't pick and choose who they want Equality for. Maybe U got this article CONFUSED with anotta' one, hahahahahahahahaha!   This is just my opinion. NOTED  I would hate for them to fight for same sex marriage using Equality as a standing stone, That's PERSONAL, it affects the TWO people involved in that relationship and then try to pick that stone up and throw it at this man. I hope it HITS dead center, and bust his HEAD to the white of the meat!

This IS'NT what this fool Daniel Schruender is about. Do U really THINK he can be a HELP to races otta' than white?

Princess223
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:57 AM

Quoting hsteele:

You really make no sense. You say if we believe in equality we should cheer on someone who doesn't believe in equality. And I don't think anyone here has said he can't run. I think the consensus is that it sucks that there is no one running against him, cause I can't imagine he would get elected if someone ran against him. I'm not surprised at your defending him, you praise the KKK, how is it a giant leap that you would defend a member of the aryan nation. 

Quoting jackieandruss:

jackieandruss
by Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 2:01 AM

Quoting Princess223:

Quoting jackieandruss:

Well, it is california.  I believe it should be EQUAL opportunities for ALL.  WHO in their RIGHT MIND would want this fool to have a HAND in the decisions being MADE for their CHILDREN? Really,  I think that if California, This IS in  is wanting Equality, then they should leave him alone. When did HATE become EQUAL?  They shouldn't pick and choose who they want Equality for. Maybe U got this article CONFUSED with anotta' one, hahahahahahahahaha!   This is just my opinion. NOTED  I would hate for them to fight for same sex marriage using Equality as a standing stone, That's PERSONAL, it affects the TWO people involved in that relationship and then try to pick that stone up and throw it at this man. I hope it HITS dead center, and bust his HEAD to the white of the meat! And this isn't a "hateful" comment?  That seems to be double standard in my opinion.

This IS'NT what this fool Daniel Schruender is about. Do U really THINK he can be a HELP to races otta' than white?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)