Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

i once worked with a NICU nurse, who worked at an abortion clinic.

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:34 AM
  • 66 Replies

i asked her which place she would rather work (this was in birmingham)

she told me that several patients in their NICU were born addicted to crack, some were neglected or abandoned in a dumpster, and some babies mothers never came by to see them.

she said the answer was easy.  she would rather work at an abortion clinic.  she felt like it was the prevention for a childs suffering.

WHAT ARE YOUR THOUGHTS?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:34 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
BleedinHeartMom
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:41 AM

I truly believe prevention of pregnancy is the best way to avoid abortions..I would never ever have an abortion, but I will never judge someone...Some of the kids at my kids school were born addicted to some kind of drug or suffer from FAS..all this is doing is raising a generation of kids that will be a handful to society..there's no simple solutions for this, but I wish more people were responsible for their own actions

40isfun
by Christi on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:41 AM

I can see her point but I don't think I would go that far as preferring to work there.

EireLass
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:45 AM

i'm not a nurse......but everyone has thier ideas of what they're comfy doing. i'm glad i had schooled nurses around when i had my abortion. 

DivingDiva
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:54 AM

I think your story is absolutely heartbreaking no matter which side of this issue one is on. 

katy_kay
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:05 AM

I can see why she would feel this way.  So many people use religion to argue against abortion, and it always leaves me wondering if one's faith in heaven and G-d is so strong and the fetus has a soul wouldn't it immediately return to G-d?  Isn't that better than a life of pain, suffering and horrible abuse?  

sweet-a-kins
by Emerald Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:07 AM

I can see where she is coming from, in the abortion clinic, she doesn't have to see and care for that infant that no one wants and needs continuous care...whereas a Preemie with multiple ailments sufferes for a long period of time....Human suffering is not easy to witness, especially a baby

nysa76
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:14 AM

I don't know.  I guess her view makes a little sense.  I had two babies who lived several weeks in the NICU.  I saw babies addicted and some whose parents never came.  It was definitely tragic but most of those babies still at least had a chance.  The same can't be said for those aborted.

flatlanderjenn
by Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:20 AM

It's sad to know that someone would rather help bring the death of a child rather than try to help a child.

______

We are moving toward a dictatorship of relativism which does not recognize anything as for certain and which has as its highest goal one's own ego and one's own desires.
-Pope Benedict XVI
marissaj125
by Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:21 AM

I agree with her.

ecagle
by Kegel on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:23 AM

Quoting katy_kay:

I can see why she would feel this way.  So many people use religion to argue against abortion, and it always leaves me wondering if one's faith in heaven and G-d is so strong and the fetus has a soul wouldn't it immediately return to G-d?  Isn't that better than a life of pain, suffering and horrible abuse?  

I wonder the same thing.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)