Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Would the Missing Books change Christianity as we know it?

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:04 PM
  • 66 Replies

This is somewhat of a spin off.  With the exception of one person, no one really responded.  So I thought since it was lost in some 20 pages, maybe we could open a discussion on the missing books.  Here is a link to one persons view on the missing books:  http://www.thelostbooks.com/missing.htm 

There are many others and I do not subscribe to any of the theories, ideas, etc.... I do not know much about the missing books, but I am interested in learning. 

Any thoughts?  Share your ideas, pelase!  Also, as the title of this post asks, do you think Christianity today would be different if these books had been left in the bible?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:04 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Shellness
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:08 PM

These are my thoughts; the books that are in the bible are the books that God wanted in the bible. He doesn't make mistakes. So althought they may be interesting to read and know, I don't worry about them changing what I believe.

stormcris
by Christy on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:15 PM

How is it you see those as the one's God wanted in the bible?

And as every statement needs a disclaimer apparently: that is a sincere question

Quoting Shellness:

These are my thoughts; the books that are in the bible are the books that God wanted in the bible. He doesn't make mistakes. So althought they may be interesting to read and know, I don't worry about them changing what I believe.

ThatTXMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:15 PM

The books were included until 1827.  What happened that after those 100's of years some decided to remove them?  the original KJV contained these books.  So even people who hold the KJV to the highest regard do not have the KJV in its entirety.  That is what interests me.

Sweet_Faith
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:16 PM

Quoting Shellness:

I agree and there's no changing the ultimate sacrafice Jesus made on the cross for all mankind, nothing will ever change that!

Romans 8:38-39 (New International Version)

For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

ThatTXMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:27 PM

You misunderstand my motivations.  I do not disagree with the fact of Jesus sacrifice.  On the contrary.  If there is more that God wanted me to know... and some man or group of men decided that it wasn't important for me to know or they were afraid that they would lose their power of control of the public... then they have violated God's intentions.  THAT, my friends, I find to be very upsetting.  Intentional omission of God's word, IMO, should be viewed as blasphemy.

katzero
by Silver Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:31 PM
I think I agree with you OP. I don't know mug about the missing books, so I would have to read them before passing judgement.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Shellness
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:36 PM

Quoting ThatTXMom:

You misunderstand my motivations.  I do not disagree with the fact of Jesus sacrifice.  On the contrary.  If there is more that God wanted me to know... and some man or group of men decided that it wasn't important for me to know or they were afraid that they would lose their power of control of the public... then they have violated God's intentions.  THAT, my friends, I find to be very upsetting.  Intentional omission of God's word, IMO, should be viewed as blasphemy.

God is all powerful. That would not happen unless that was his intentions to begin with. That is what I mean now and in my original post. I don't worry about it honestly. I know the basics of what is expected of me and I know about God's love and the sacrifice of Jesus. In the end, that is all that matters.

ThatTXMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:37 PM

I don't know much about it either. I have not formed a full opinion.  I am searching, seeking, and trying to learn.  There are some who say that Rome added the books to start with, there are others who say that these books should be included and were in teh original KJV. 

I don't know.  But I would be interested in learning more to make an INFORMED OPINION.

bakebiscotti
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:39 PM

No, they wouldn't change anything.  Most were taken out because context was hard to find in regard to other parts of the bible.  They were not earth shattering revelations

ThatTXMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 1:39 PM

Quoting Shellness:

Quoting ThatTXMom:

God is all powerful. That would not happen unless that was his intentions to begin with. That is what I mean now and in my original post. I don't worry about it honestly. I know the basics of what is expected of me and I know about God's love and the sacrifice of Jesus. In the end, that is all that matters.

I get where you are coming from.  A few years ago, I felt the same.  But, as I have gotten older (and hopefully wiser) I have discovered that there are many things that men do that God does not intend.  Free will isn't infallible. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)