Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What rights should the father have....

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:29 PM
  • 296 Replies

What rights should the father have, if his unmarried girlfriend wants an abortion?

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
MamaScorpio88
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:30 PM

He can talk to her, but it is ultimately up to her. No, it isn't fair. But, this is one of those things that I do not think should be "equal".

katy_kay
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:31 PM

He has the right to voice his wishes and she has the right to consider them or not.  

pandorasbox69
by Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:32 PM
I agree with mamascorpio
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
pvtjokerus
by Ruby Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:32 PM

Agreed.

Quoting MamaScorpio88:

He can talk to her, but it is ultimately up to her. No, it isn't fair. But, this is one of those things that I do not think should be "equal".

Just_Bethy
by Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:34 PM

I agree...There could be a court ordered counselling and mediation meeting maybe...??...but at the end of the day its the woman's choice...

Quoting MamaScorpio88:

Blessed Lammas

Drillers Wife, Toughest Job In The Oil Field.

DVD
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:37 PM

no rights

kboyd85
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:44 PM

Why shouldn't the father have rights? If she wanted to keep the baby and he didn't want to be a father he would be held responsible for child support so why shouldn't he be able to say that he wants to keep the baby and the woman have to carry it. If a woman can say I don't want this baby and be able to terminate the pregnancy because she doesn't want to be a mother than a man shouldn't have to pay child support if he doesn't want to be a father.

LauraKW
by "Dude!" on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:46 PM
The power of free speech.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
miss146mn
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:47 PM
Then the man should be responsible enough not to father children.

Quoting kboyd85:

Why shouldn't the father have rights? If she wanted to keep the baby and he didn't want to be a father he would be held responsible for child support so why shouldn't he be able to say that he wants to keep the baby and the woman have to carry it. If a woman can say I don't want this baby and be able to terminate the pregnancy because she doesn't want to be a mother than a man shouldn't have to pay child support if he doesn't want to be a father.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunfireprincess
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:48 PM

the choice is up to her, but I think she should consider his choice before making that decision. that is not to say she should not do it if she feels the need,  but she should at least listen to his point of view

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)