• In the Spotlight:
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Idiots like this is why I get turned off by religion (S.T.A.G.)

Posted by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:29 PM
  • 14 Replies

(stolen from another group)

Good lord.  This man needs help.  Seriously.

(Disclaimer:  I KNOW not every religious person is like this, but he presents himself as an "evangelist", and therefore a representative of Christ.)

by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
katy_kay
by on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:32 PM

That's not who I expected to see pictured, but yes it's people like him that have made me ashamed to admit I am Christian.  

AMom29
by Gold Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:36 PM

Quoting katy_kay:

That's not who I expected to see pictured, but yes it's people like him that have made me ashamed to admit I am Christian.  

Did you have someone else in mind?

This was the synopsis posted in the post that I found this in:

• Quote:

• on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:38 PM
  • In case you don't feel like watching the clip, this man's remedy for non-tithing members would be implementing a revolving bar that will only move after you swipe you card and have access granted based on your tithing record. For NON tithing members, guards would be alerted by a siren that yells "crook, crook, crook". Then all the perps would be lined up and shot at with machine guns and dumped in a mass grave....but since and only since their sins are covered by the blood of "Jesus" does he not try to implement such a process.

Commie_Mommie
by Bronze Member on Aug. 7, 2010 at 11:37 PM

Why use an Uzi? A mini uzi? Nah.

ilovemymonkeys4
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 2:15 PM

One of the many people out there that actually disgusts me. Look at the way he lives!! Jesus said sell all your possesions and follow me!!!!

muslimah
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 2:17 PM

Don't forget to tithe 10%

ThatTXMom
by Platinum Member on Aug. 8, 2010 at 2:19 PM

I am posting this video here as well as the other post to show that not all churches are greedy.  I like towards the end where Toby says that if someone isn't taking advantage of him, he's not being like Christ.  (paraphrasing of course)

katy_kay
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 2:21 PM

I can think of a number of people that would fit :) 

Quoting AMom29:

Quoting katy_kay:

Did you have someone else in mind?

This was the synopsis posted in the post that I found this in:

• Quote:

• on Aug. 7, 2010 at 10:38 PM
  • In case you don't feel like watching the clip, this man's remedy for non-tithing members would be implementing a revolving bar that will only move after you swipe you card and have access granted based on your tithing record. For NON tithing members, guards would be alerted by a siren that yells "crook, crook, crook". Then all the perps would be lined up and shot at with machine guns and dumped in a mass grave....but since and only since their sins are covered by the blood of "Jesus" does he not try to implement such a process.

DangerDarling
by Fabulous on Aug. 8, 2010 at 2:26 PM

Yeah, this guy is nuts. 

DVD
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 2:27 PM

and people wonder why people like me detest organized religion.

Kaelansmom
by on Aug. 8, 2010 at 2:29 PM

Goodness... what an arse...

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)