Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

when did this become a religious debate group?

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:12 AM
  • 36 Replies

GREAT GOOGLY MOOGLY! It seems like that's all that been going on in this group lately. And other topic that get thrown in there are getting pushed down by all the religious crap. i get it is a hot topic but its to the point that i have been avoiding the group because its so heavy with these topics..

Obviously people can post whatever they want. Just pointing out how overwhelming its gotten. 

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:12 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:18 AM
Um, I've seen a large number of topics ranging from a fat lady being overcharged for a pedi to multiple posts about the NYC mosque issue so I'm not entirely sure where you get the "overrun" thing unless you are counting the mosque posts as religious posts?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
fnpdocgrrl
by Boudica on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:28 AM

Eh....religion or lack thereof is always going to be a hot topic.

It's gotten worse in the advent of 9/11 and those who seem unable to distinguish the difference between religious nutjobs and those of the same faith who simply want to live their lives in peace.

evythecute
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:29 AM

At least half of the posts on the first page alone are religious based. Many on the same or similar topics. Yes i don't consider the Mosque posts religious also. IMO its all just a bit much, and i have been avoiding the group because i am just so sick of seeing the same stuff over and over. You don't have to agree with me. 

DVD
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:29 AM

Well I guess now is as good a time as any.......

evythecute
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:31 AM

NICE! epic plug there DVD! lol

Quoting DVD:

DangerDarling
by Fabulous on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:33 AM

As of a few seconds ago, 7 out of 10 of the posts on my "Group Posts Archive Page" were religion themed. It does get to be overkill sometimes, but I just don't reply to the ones I don't want to see greeting me. Eventually they'll die.

Quoting evythecute:

At least half of the posts on the first page alone are religious based. Many on the same or similar topics. Yes i don't consider the Mosque posts religious also. IMO its all just a bit much, and i have been avoiding the group because i am just so sick of seeing the same stuff over and over. You don't have to agree with me. 

DVD
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:33 AM

bow down

Quoting evythecute:

NICE! epic plug there DVD! lol

Quoting DVD:

evythecute
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:42 AM

oh yeah i don't even bother opening them, much less replying. just logging in and seeing all the posts is annoying enough for me lol.

I must admit my annoyance probably has a lot to do with feeling rubbed raw by religious BS in my personal life. So it's getting to me more than it probably should. 

Quoting DangerDarling:

As of a few seconds ago, 7 out of 10 of the posts on my "Group Posts Archive Page" were religion themed. It does get to be overkill sometimes, but I just don't reply to the ones I don't want to see greeting me. Eventually they'll die.

Quoting evythecute:

LoveMyBoyK
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:42 AM
I'm aware I don't gave to agree with you. When I see a plethora of posts that I think are overkill on a particlar topic, I just don't open them. It happens from time.

Quoting evythecute:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tericared
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 12:47 AM

Lets go bump some post.....

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)