Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

where is ....

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 5:08 AM
  • 4 Replies

the outcry for building the Freedom Tower ? why hasn't it been built yet? a whole decade practically? why aren't the hardhats on that????? Aren't the families wounds being reopened everytime they mention ground zeo.. a gaping hole looming before thier very eyes?

by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 5:08 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-4):
Aasiyah
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 5:44 AM

ha!  just as i thought.. No comments. LOL..

cagnew80
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2010 at 8:54 AM

Actually, I have heard mention of how ridiculous it is that the Freedom Tower hasn't been constructed yet (on talk radio). I agree with you. I think it's a slap in the face to the 9-11 families. However, I don't think the "hardhats" have anything to do with that. I think the state of NY is on charge of it, but not sure. It is apparently going to be built and occupied by 2014. I have no idea why it's taking so long.

PS- The last I heard, they arne't calling it the Freedom Tower anymore. It's the "World Trade Center."

Aasiyah
by on Aug. 24, 2010 at 9:08 AM

my point..hard hats are protesting a buidling while nothing is done to build the one that should have been half built at least and provide much needed work to them plus peace of mind to some families.and the state of new york is dragging feet. it's really disgusting. i intereviewed with the sept 11 fund and they had dated its completion  2011 that was in 2009. i doubt it will be done when they claim.

i didn't hear the name had change..so they are using the original name? do you have a link?

Quoting cagnew80:

Actually, I have heard mention of how ridiculous it is that the Freedom Tower hasn't been constructed yet (on talk radio). I agree with you. I think it's a slap in the face to the 9-11 families. However, I don't think the "hardhats" have anything to do with that. I think the state of NY is on charge of it, but not sure. It is apparently going to be built and occupied by 2014. I have no idea why it's taking so long.

PS- The last I heard, they arne't calling it the Freedom Tower anymore. It's the "World Trade Center."

toomanypoodles
by Ruby Member on Aug. 24, 2010 at 11:40 PM

Last I heard, they were still finding body parts....clean up is not finished. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)