Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Facebook

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:09 AM
  • 11 Replies

Alright who killed facebook?

Actually this might be more the issue though:

MySpace has finally made a concession of sorts: that rival Facebook has grown so dominant that not syncing up to its web of social connections would be a mistake. The News Corp.-owned social network, as was rumored late last year, has "synced" its service with Facebook (and Twitter) so that members can cross-post their status updates as well as shared content.

It's pretty self-explanatory, taking the recently revamped "stream" design of MySpace profiles and plugging in Twitter and Facebook's application program interfaces (APIs).

The "syncing" applies not only to individual MySpace users, but also bands and celebrities. One of the reasons why this is pretty imperative for MySpace is because it's in serious danger of losing out entirely to Facebook's "fan pages." MySpace gained much of its early traction because it was possible for independent musicians to establish a presence and manage a fan base there, something that lost its luster once Facebook's open-ended fan pages started to take off even more successfully than many had speculated.

"This is particularly exciting for the millions of musicians on MySpace who can now use this tool as a complement to their MySpace Music presence and share their vast library of content, including full album catalogs, to people who've liked their Facebook page," a release from MySpace explained.

Read more: http://news.cnet.com/8301-13577_3-20015098-36.html#ixzz0y9oNjQCk

by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:09 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Arroree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:18 AM

No seriously, who killed Facebook?

It died about 20 minutes ago and now even Netflix wont work since its connected on the Xbox 360.

So now i cant access facebook OR watch my movies on Netflix, so im pissed.

Malapertinent
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:19 AM

I hate MySpace...

sugarstar22
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:21 AM

facebook is for stalkers.... myspace is for teens.. lol

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:46 AM

Quoting sugarstar22:

Nah, Facebook is for people like me who live 3 states and an ocean away from their entire family and all their friends :)

Vincent 4-25-07, Dante 5-20-08

If Muslim Terrorists attack us and you hate Muslims, you're focusing on the wrong word.

stormcris
by Christy on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:48 AM

Well at least it came back up but integrations are always an issue.

Quoting Arroree:

It died about 20 minutes ago and now even Netflix wont work since its connected on the Xbox 360.

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:57 AM

Ugh i know. Im so glad its back up. I spent all day at the hospital with my 2yr old in surgery so ive been trying to update my family on him and how things went. Just my luck it went down in the middle of a convo with one of his aunties *i swear computers hate me*

Quoting stormcris:

Quoting Arroree:

If Muslim Terrorists attack us and you hate Muslims, you're focusing on the wrong word.

stormcris
by Christy on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:57 AM

Hope your 2yr old is doing well.

Quoting Arroree:

Ugh i know. Im so glad its back up. I spent all day at the hospital with my 2yr old in surgery so ive been trying to update my family on him and how things went. Just my luck it went down in the middle of a convo with one of his aunties *i swear computers hate me*

Quoting stormcris:

Quoting Arroree:

MKSmom09
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 1:58 AM

It should be back now, I had that problem a little while ago and now it works again

Arroree
by Ruby Member on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:01 AM

He came through really well, had a bit of fever when he first woke after the surgery but it came down fast. The doc has him on Vicodin every 4 hours for the next several days and no running or jumping allowed. Doc says everything turned out great and he should heal up fine, he's gonna call us in the morning to check up on him and arrange the follow-up appointment. He was lethargic before bed but considering the pain hes in its understandable. Right now we're just hoping for a relaxing few days at home while he recovers.

Quoting stormcris:

Hope your 2yr old is doing well.

Quoting Arroree:

Quoting stormcris:

Quoting Arroree:

sugarstar22
by on Aug. 31, 2010 at 2:01 AM

yup that too, my main source of communication with my husband as well..

Quoting Arroree:

Quoting sugarstar22:

Nah, Facebook is for people like me who live 3 states and an ocean away from their entire family and all their friends :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)